Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,272

2 members and 2,270 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Banned
    Thanks
    Wow, the site is becoming huge, and I mean huge. Just two weeks ago 3 people online at a time was a lot of people. 300 page views was high for the day. And 3 forum posts were great.

In two weeks we've shot up in rank, literally. We once were 36 on fauna top sites, we've just hit 26. Now over 1000 page views is common per day. The forums are filling like mad. And 7 people online isn't uncommon.

Seems like we've instantly takena jolt forward in site size. Something I'm doing is working. But why is it our membership is down? People are coming, and in mass ammounts too, but nobody wants to sign up. Think I can do anything to get the drifters out there to join up?

We're already the size of most sites who've been up for over a year. I'm thinking of making forums to better our flow. Perhaps if I offered more about other herps other herpers would come as well....

I'm hoping to become a great site, among the more popular. The site is well on the way, and doesn't seem to be quiting.

Thanks guys, for allowing it to grow

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think you have nothing to worry about when it comes to your site growing. Anyone who has a ball python, or any snake for that matter would love this site. It's packed full of information regaurding the keeping of a reptile. Also, having such a lovely community of nice, helpful people is another reason I just keep on coming back. Love it here, great work...
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Banned
    Thanks
    Would you guys support BPK branching off into other categories? Like expanding the forums to cover more topics. Such as "giant python, blood pythons, liasis" and offering more to other non bp owners.

It'd certainly help the site grow a lot more. And it'd make people want to stay more. the main focus will still be bp's of course. Think it is wise?

And anyone know anything about adveritisng. Right now google isn't pulling in enough. Perhaps if I got some adds set up, dunno. Any advice from users?

Thanks
    Your site seems to be very well designed. If I were to change anything at all, it would be to combine the ball python forums into one, and let people categorize their posts in the subject line. It would be slightly more efficient for us dial-up users... :wink:

You guys are all doing a wonderful job, and I am very impressed! My favorite part of your site is the "Last Forum Posts" section!

-Jeremy

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, I think the forums give people who are looking for info a great index. If a person comes looking for info they can choose the subject matter. Pics are in one forum, husbandry in another. Then they can go see what they want to see.

I like the forum post block as well. Lets me see whats up on the site, as well as easy access to the posts. I love it.