Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,070

1 members and 3,069 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Size

Banned
    Thanks
    I've never really raised a female up from a hatchling, heck last year I got my first baby ever, which was male. I've only ever had two adult females, so I've never experienced rasing them, so I'm not sure what is normal.

So here I go. I got a female about the middle of August, and she was around 17-18 inches long, and not really that wide. She was supposed to have been born near the end of July, making her about 3 months old right now. She's becoming massive though. She started eating...then growing... So now here it is, October. She's 25-26 inches long, and as wide as a 50 cent piece. Would you all consider this above average size or growth? She's growing like mad. I have a Year old male that she's catching up to in no time. So for those of you who've raised females up, were they of this size? Am i jumping the gun hoping that she'll be a beast? Thanks

Thanks
    Baby ball pythons of either sex can grow extremely fast, depending upon how they're set up & fed (more emphasis on feeding than setup!). I don't know if you can really cite an "average" growth rate for an animal that is an opportunistic feeder. We've raised both male & female ball pythons to around 3' in length in under a year, so it's definitely possible. You'll see her growth slow down a bit within the next 6 months to a year or so, and then she'll steadily get bigger over a longer period of time.

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanks. Monty did the same thing, and grew much slower. My feeding is equally the same, but the cage size is larger by far. I've mostly kept adult females, first baby ever was Monty. Needless to say baby females is a new frontier. I do expect her to be three feet within months, hopefully. I got a passion for giant females, maybe this will be one. I'm becoming more and more suprised every time I hold her. Might I add she's an extremely high gold, so she is definitely a sweet normal. She's slowly becoming my favorite.... She feeds perfect, looks the best, and has an attitude of gold.