Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,176

0 members and 2,176 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Power Outage

Banned
    Thanks

Site Growth

Last night my house was out of power, from at least 10:30 that morning, to 10:00 this morning. In that time my bp's were freezing. I managed to get our wood stove going and put them in a 10 gallon near it for warmth. If I hadn't they might have died or developed serious problems. It got me wondering about what I'll do next time.

Do you guys have back up plans for such an event?

Thanks

Power Outage

I have a back up plan, first I have those gel type packs, can use them for freezer or heat, put them in hot water, since you got a wood stove, you can heat them in a pan of hot water, I put my bp's in home made snake bags for this purpose and then put them in a smaller tank like a 10 gallon for now, and put a screen lid over it and cover part of it to keep heat in... the snake bags just keep them confined a bit and make it easier for me to regulate that they are not getting burned. They can be reheated the same way with no probs..I get them from work for free cause they come in with our fish shipments, so I have lots of them, so I can have a set to rewarm while they are using a set Also, we are getting a generator to have wired into our house in the basement for this reason so the house is not without electric. But until we do that, its hot packs and snake bags!