Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,347

2 members and 3,345 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tribute to Evan

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Tribute to Evan

I'm not really sure how I want to begin this as I'm not 100% that he's no longer with us, but that's my hope holding on. Evan was my kitten that I rescued off the side of the road in July. He was only around 8 weeks at the time and very sick. I work at an animal hospital so I brought him in and found out he had a URI. He got better and great into the greatest cat I ever owned. He disappeared 2 days ago and no one has seen sight of him sense, most people won't think 2 days is that bad but for evan it is. He NEVER skipped a night of sleeping in mommy and daddys bed. His favortie thing was to crawl onto me and my gf chest and lick our noses, for me he even would suckle on my ear lobe like it was a bottle. I'm sure going to miss that. In my neck of the woods we have lots dogs to coyotes and there are foxes roaming the area as well. I just got him neutered and declawed a month or so ago so I'm not sure he would be able to defend himself. Part of me hopes that he's just being a jerk and is hiding out somewhere down the road, but logically I don't think that's the case, as someone would have seen him by now. I'm having trouble not crying as I don't want to upset my gf more than she is, but its just so hard. :'(

I will miss you forever Evan, your my very special boy. Daddy loves you, mommy too.<3
    Bye Evy-Boy. <3

When he was just little.

A little bigger

Watching the sink, his favorite pastime.

Various hide outs

Covering his face because I turned the light on.

When he got sick a few months ago...such a precious face.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Also to add. He had tags so anyone who found him could contact us, but noone has which leads me to believe something happened to him
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    I'm so sorry
    I live out in the country and know how it is... We have lost 5 or 6 cats out here to unknown circumstances but I'd guess wild animals.
    0.1 Blue Beauty Snake

1.2 Normals
    0.1 Mystic
    0.1 Pastel Poss Het Ghost
    1.0 Banana Bumblebee

0.1 Common Snapping Turtle

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Tribute to Evan

I'm very sorry to hear this. I had a beloved cat (gorgeous, sweet, funny boy named Tuxy) just vanish one day and never come home again. It's the worst feeling in the world always being hopeful and always looking, and never finding. So sorry!

I also want to add a NOTE FROM ADMIN to this thread, because I've been around too long not to know what some people might think and feel compelled to do. IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE PRACTICE OF DECLAWING CATS, START A NEW THREAD. DO NOT DO IT HERE IN THE RAINBOW FORUM. Infractions WILL be issued if folks start junk like that in a Rainbow Forum thread.
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've been calling endlessly, hoping to hear his tags jangle. But nothing..
    .just the wind. My gf and I went on a walk through the woods and field where he usually is and nothing, no sight of him anywhere. I will always hope and pray that he will come back, but if he doesn't show up by tonight my logic side will toss him up to the wild. As bad as it sounds I wish I coukd atleast find a body so my mind could be at rest and I could move on. I'm sobbing quite heavily while I type this. Ill most likely make some posters later today and call around. Maybe by luck atleast he was seen. I may even put up a reward. This is this first pet that's actually been mine. My money, my responsibility, my kid essential. I really don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Country Born Exotics

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Sorry for your loss Kevin
    Im not really a cat guy but i can understand how hard it is to lose something you love. Id like to hope hes still out there, but as youve said, this is probably not the case...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I never used to like cats until I saved him. He was the best cat ever. Thank you for the kind words everyone

Country Born Exotics

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: Tribute to Evan

I hope you find him, how sad. The pictures are just precious. Cats are wonderful companions. I may be over protective, mine only see the outside through Windows. Let us know if you find him.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thank you. Still no sign of him, day 4. We wanted him to be an indoor cat but he would sit under the table and wait until someone opened the door then he would bolt out. It was almost impossible to keep him in.

Country Born Exotics

Thanks
    I is really tough to loose someone in our life either it my be our pets or our family members.I have been through the same situation some time back when I lost 2 of my pet cats and so I can really feel the pain you must be going through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast