Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,888

2 members and 2,886 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Cages

Banned
    Thanks
    One of my favorite things to do is look at pictures of people's cages. It's fun to see how others keep their herps. I've seen ball pythons in little more then a rubbermaid with a towel and water dish, to an extravagant vision cage with all the fixings. I'm sure we'd all supply our herps with the latter. So to start this thread off here is a pic of my big cage. It's a 5'x2'x2' cage. For heating it has a 100 watt bulb on one side, and a 50 watt bulb on the other. It has a heating pad positioned below the big water dish, the kitty litter pan. Since it is kept warm it provides good humidity as well as a perfect area for soaking. All my bp's love to soak so it's only natural that I provide a big dish with good heat. Or else RI could form. It needs filling often tho. The substrate is astro-turf, I used to have repti bark. For hides there is a half log and a cave, soon to be replaced with a box for 12 packs of soda. There is another water dish, a dog dish, near the warm end so they don't need to travel much from the hide for water. I have an 18 inch white florescent light on a timer that provides light. The background is stapled on to the wood. Enjoy my cage. Oh, and the front is sliding plexi glass.

Thanks

Cages

This is Atreyus viv. It is 4x2x2. The top is open in this pic....the hole you see at the top is screened...thats where the 125 watt heat bulb sits when its closed. There is a heating pad under where he is in the cereal box, otherwise he would freeze on the cool side. (And the black fluffy thing to the right is Lucy. She likes to fall into the water bowl.)

Pic with the top closed.

Here is Bastians house for the time being. I'm afraid he's gonna get lost in Atreyus viv...lol

Atreyu likes his cookie crisp box...

Bastian likes his coconut half.
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Banned
    Thanks
    Cereal boxes....hmmm.... I need to give that a shot. My new soda cases are like 2-2.5 feet long, and super slim. It's called a fridge pack. And we just got a bunch of cereal.....

Thanks
    Yeah...he loves his cereal boxes....since they naturally like to be in tight spots, the cereal boxes are the perfect height for them.
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Thanks
    Cage of my couple Gerrhosaurus major (Plated Lizards)

Cage of my three Cordylus tropidosternum (Spinytail or Girdled Lizards)

Cage of my male BP, Monty Python

And the temporary home of my female BP, Cheetah
    1.1 Python regius (Monty Python & Cheetah)
    1.1 Gerrhosaurus major (Falkor & Gizmo)
    0.0.2 Cordylus tropidosternum (Rocco & Senna)
    expected September 3rd, 2004

Banned
    Thanks

Contest

The new gear! LOL, I'm addicted to three things in life. Women, herps, and Barq's rootbeer. Here's two of them:

Thanks
    OK, it took me a while, but here are my cages for my critters. I just finished with the BP rack. It is actually an older one stacked on top of a newer one. Obviously, both are homemade. I currently have heat mats under them, but as soon as my connectors arrive from The Bean Farm, I'll set up my heat tape on a dimmer switch. (Hopefully Tuesday.)

My BP rack, with my Usumbara Sunburst Baboon Tarantula in the critter keeper on the middle shelf--

My daughter checking out my BCI in her 75 gallon aquarium-

My Breeder rats (1.4) in a 20L aquarium-

My feeder rats in a 10g aquarium-

I wish I had room to have all my snakies in nice cages like the boa's, but alas, home is an apartment, and my kids aren't quite old enough to move out yet, so I am stuck with a rack system for the moment.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Randy, for your racks it's be awsome if you bought some rope light and hooked it up on a timer. It'll provide a light cycle and allow you to view them. Do they sell see through rubbermaids?

Check this rack out, it's made by boaphile.

All the benefits of a rack, and lighting. I might have read wrong, but one of those is 40.00, or maybe the lights were 40.00, not sure.