Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,867

0 members and 2,867 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: New Deco/Hide

Thanks

New Deco/Hide

Picked up a new hide tonight, while looking for an Acu-rite

Mainly for aesthetics in the tank, but Guess what !!\

Diablo likes it lol

Like the T-rex Skull its a generic Fish Tank thing from WalMart

A hiding Ball is a happy Ball hehe

Thanks
    That's cool! I always think snakes look neat in those skull hides. Would make for a nice photography session.

I bet my Riddle would be scared of it though, he's a big wuss baby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rebelrachel13 For This Useful Post:

ExotixTowing (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: New Deco/Hide

Not to rain on your parade, but I have seen stories where people snakes have gotten stuck in these skulls. The best hides are not aesthetically pleasing, but the snakes loves them, is the black ones from reptile basics. Price is right too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Very cool, awesome that he likes it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but I have seen stories where people snakes have gotten stuck in these skulls. The best hides are not aesthetically pleasing, but the snakes loves them, is the black ones from reptile basics. Price is right too.
    As of now he fits through all the holes (Even the Nose) This isn't meant to be a hide, He has 3 (Hot Humid Cool) of those already, this is just a for now extra in his tank to give an option. Once he starts getting bigger out it comes !!

I just caught my first yawn !!
    Last edited by ExotixTowing; 03-05-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks

Hm. I've never seen that, that's sad. I could see how it could cause possible injury and scale loss though if the snake was trying to wedge out. This guy looks like he fits in it pretty okay, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExotixTowing View Post
    I just caught my first yawn !!
    Congrats!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rebelrachel13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is the reason I haven't gotten one for myself. I think they look really cool, but I'm afraid that Koga would manage to get himself stuck inside. I wouldn't hesitate to use one for a photo shoot though.

Thanks

i have a solution to prevent the snake from getting stuck if the piece is meant strictly for aesthetics (decoration) stuff it good & full with dry floral foam broken apart into chunks. it comes in green & brown. dry floral foam is solid enough that it wont give if the snake tries to push in past it.
    or use clay & just fill in all the cavities.
    Exotic towing, you dont wanna wait til your snake has outgrown it before you get a chance to prevent him from getting stuck, cuz thats when you'll find out he's too big...when you have to rescue him from it.

my current collection
    1.2 kiddos
    1.0 better half
    0.1 mojave ball python (Nyx)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa (Hemera)
    1.0 Eastern Box turtle
    3.4.? rats (? = litter coming any day now)
    0.1 dutch rabbit (Lucy)

my "future hopefuls"
    0.0.1 pied cockatiel 0.0.1 white bellied caique 0.0.2 guinea pigs

Thanks
    I had one of those.

Yes, they look AWESOME, but, well, they aren't hides. Your BP will quickly outgrow the nose hole and will still try to get in there by all means.

I don't know about you, but I have my BP as a pet, not a project (for now ), and I LOVE handling her (within what's reasonable to her, thou). Man, once she decided that she didn't want to leave the skull hide, it was impossible to take her out without having to use a lot of force, but she did prefer that hide over any other I have given her (so far she's had 5 hides)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mommanessy247 View Post
    i have a solution to prevent the snake from getting stuck if the piece is meant strictly for aesthetics (decoration) stuff it good & full with dry floral foam broken apart into chunks. it comes in green & brown. dry floral foam is solid enough that it wont give if the snake tries to push in past it.
    or use clay & just fill in all the cavities.
    Exotic towing, you dont wanna wait til your snake has outgrown it before you get a chance to prevent him from getting stuck, cuz thats when you'll find out he's too big...when you have to rescue him from it.
    It will be out of there before he out grows it. No need to fill it, But I appreciate your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Munizfire View Post
    I had one of those.

Yes, they look AWESOME, but, well, they aren't hides. Your BP will quickly outgrow the nose hole and will still try to get in there by all means.

I don't know about you, but I have my BP as a pet, not a project (for now ), and I LOVE handling her (within what's reasonable to her, thou). Man, once she decided that she didn't want to leave the skull hide, it was impossible to take her out without having to use a lot of force, but she did prefer that hide over any other I have given her (so far she's had 5 hides)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, Its not a hide !! I know this but he likes going in through the back and snoozing !! He has 3 other hides all that are more suited to a BP then a skull, that if nothing more is for eye candy, Isn't that the reason we set up our enclosures in the first place ? And like I mentioned it will most definitely be removed before he out grows it. Like the Trex Skull he has in there Might I add, the T-rex has smaller holes LOL and nobody showed as much concern