Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,880

1 members and 2,879 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: My Critters

Thanks
    Here are some of my critters:

Julie

Zeus

Roswell

Eddy

I don't have pics yet of Joe, Maggie, and the new light colored unnamed female yet. Joe and Maggie are breeding, and the new one is 3/4 starved, in shed, and recovering from a respiratory infection!
    Randy

Banned
    Thanks
    Nice, have you bred before? Those are very nice, colorful, round, and very cute. I have a nice female I bought from Chip Carter. This thing is huge, as well as a very high gold. It gets brighter every time it sheds, and it has some nice stripping. But, my digi is awful so I can't show you

On another note, you might consider entering a few of those pics into the bp of the month contest we'll be holding, I'll get to work on that soon, keep it in mind.

Thanks
    This will be my first try at breeding. I started cooling them Aug 20, and put them together mid September. I haven't seen them doing the wild thing, but they stay inside the hide 98% of the time. I am hoping to have baby snakies before most others, so the market isn't saturated with males while I am trying to sell mine!
    I will try to get some better pics of my critters, and submit one for the contest. Thanks for the compliment!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, females go fast thats for sure. Sounds like you're doing a great job so far. Not just putting them in a cage hoping for the best. Are you providing frequent mistings as well? How many females do you have?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BallKingdom
    Yeah, females go fast thats for sure. Sounds like you're doing a great job so far. Not just putting them in a cage hoping for the best. Are you providing frequent mistings as well? How many females do you have?
    I have 1.1 adults in a melamine cage that holds humidity really well, so I'm not misting. I did put the water dish over the heater, so it is more humid than normal. I had two adult females, but traded one of them for my light colored half starved normal. She is beautiful! After she sheds (tonight or tomorrow night) I'll post some pics of her.
    So, I only have one pair going this season. The wife said I had to prove to her that I could get normals to breed before I could spend $$ on morphs. Makes sense, I guess.
    Zeus and Eddy (above) are both offspring of 50% poss. het pied males, so there is a small chance I may have a het pied! I am starting that project hopefully next year. They are both '03 babies.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Banned
    Thanks
    Sounds like you'll do good in breeding them. I can't wait to see if you hatch pieds. Got pics of the cages they're in?