Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,913

3 members and 2,910 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

little guys

How much do you all pay typically for your feeders? I pay 98 cents each for feeder mice, no matter what the size? I am not buying rats yet, but I know they go for $1.40 each no matter the size, unless you are looking for something really huge. I was told recently at the place I get my feeders from that HUGE JUMBO RATS are upwards of $15 each. Hmm, go figure, when the JUMBO rats are just adult males most of time and any one that knows anything about rats, knows, that the males can get huge. Makes you wonder what stuff the pet shop employees are smoking, cause I was a rat breeder, and knowing that size is also dependent on genes, do they really think I am going to go for the explanation that JUMBO RATS are anything different than a "rat". Not, makes you scratch your head as you leave and wonder how many have fallen victim to that story. Also, the prices I listed ARE for feeders, not what they classify as pets. The other thing that is funny, out on the floor of the shop, they have the colored rats, they say are pets. I was there once when thier shipment came in, all they do is separate a few young rats from the "feeder" bunch and put them on the floor of the shop. Funny, cause they pay the same price for all , no matter what the "type" is, and they get less for typical "feeders", and make 3 times as much on thier rats labeled as "pets". I know this cause I asked a guy who works there, who I have gotten friendly with and he told me. What a laugh.

Thanks
    u not located in toronto rite ur in the US ?? 98 cents is checper i get mines for 150 eat mice doesn't matter what size oh I'm located in toronto ~!

Thanks
    Nope, I am in Ohio. I think I pay less here than any where i have ever lived, not sure why that is, but it just is.

Thanks

Feeders

oh man u so lucky jeanne

Thanks
    These are the prizes in Holland. I happen to go to one of the cheapest and best reptilestores. But since a few months I breed my own mice so don't have to go and buy them anymore.
    Note: the prices are in Euros. The Euro is a little under 1 Dollar.

Gerbils fuzzy € 1.00
    Gerbils sub-adult € 1.25
    Gerbils pinky € 0.85
    Gerbils adult € 1.50
    Mice € 0.60
    Mice fuzzy € 0.40
    Mice pinky € 0.35
    Mice hoppers € 0.60
    Rats fuzzy € 1.25
    Rats sub-adult € 1.75
    Rats pinky € 1.00
    Rats adult € 2.00
    1.1 Python regius (Monty Python & Cheetah)
    1.1 Gerrhosaurus major (Falkor & Gizmo)
    0.0.2 Cordylus tropidosternum (Rocco & Senna)
    expected September 3rd, 2004

Banned
    Thanks

Nice tongue-shot

Wow, looks like Naara and Jeanne get some great deals on their rodents!

Around here we have two types of stores, the kind that sell them all at one price, for around 1.50-2.50 per mouse. And about 4.00 for a rat. Then we have stores who segregate their rodents into two classes, feeders and fancies. There is generally only one difference between them, feeders tend to be white, while fancies are brown. No difference in care or quality, just color. And feeders for for like 1.20, while fancies go for 4.95. Rats are usually all one price, you just tell the people that it's a feeder and they drop the price. When you're feeding so many mouths it adds up, you gotta know where to get your rodents. And always always always check what substrate the rodents are kept on! Cedar is toxic to herps, so imagine how bad it must be to be feeding your snakes rodents kept on cedar. And I garantee thats it's already happened. Cedar is cheeper and more common, so most pet stores use it. Check with them, and also inform them of the dangers. Better safe then sorry.

Thanks
    The store i get my feeders from charges the same for feeders or pets: $1.99! I need to find a new place to buy them if some of you are getting them for the prices you say. I paid $10 for my pet rat, but he is HUGE. I still think i paid to much for him though.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    if you buy one where i go, it's 3 bucks. (medium sized rat)
    the more you buy, the less you pay per rat.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.