Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,029

2 members and 3,027 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

My home-made hide!

Well I am currently working on a ball python caresheet. It will not be done for awhile since I do not know NEARLY everything. I will not be out "hunting" for info off of othere caresheets and books, but using my own methods of careing for my ball pythons.

Heres the intro what do you think??

Ball Python Care & Breeding
    By: Don Meyer

Welcome to the world of the ball python! I’m assuming if you’re reading this care sheet you either want or have a ball python. Well let’s just hope for you and your ball pythons sake you “want” one, because researching after is a NO-NO! I know your probably saying to yourself, “come on just get to how big they get and what they eat.” Well be patient we will get there eventually. There are many more important factors in owning a ball python, such as temperature gradients, humidity, feeding do’s & don’ts, and caging. I will do my best to cover all important and necessary topics in caring correctly for you new pet.

P.S. The breeding section wil be done AFTER I have SUCCESFULLY bred my pair and not until I have.

An addition.......

Before You Buy

PLEASE before you buy your ball python review these following scenarios and make sure you are up for the commitment of this snake.

- Ball Pythons live to be 20+ years of age.
    - The will need WEEKLY feedings which can become costly.
    - Weekly cage changes, monthly cage cleanings.
    - Ball Pythons can and sometimes do bite although very rarely.
    - What if you are moving or can no longer care for you ball python?
    - What if it becomes sick and needs to be taken to the vets?

All of these come into play with a Ball Python. These are not a goldfish, they are a lifetime commitment. When they are adults can you afford to buy a medium to large rat weekly? What if you can no longer want/can have this snake, can you find an appropriate home? What if it gets sick and needs taken to the vets, can you afford to pay for a vet bill when walk-in’s for a reptile on average cost $50. All these scenarios must be taken HIGHLY and should be talked over with any housemates. Please make sure before you buy your ball python you can properly care for it for as long as it lives.