My apologies, I have been away for the entire weekend, hanging out with the cousins and doing some serious field herping all weekend. I caught about 30 different snakes and too many frogs to count.
Well anyway, my cam wasn't with me during the herping, but I caught a good sized garter and brought it home. I got the cam some new bats and snapped some pics of my new garter. It's about 30 inches, and fiesty. My hands are cutup with bites from all the snakes I caught, and they still hurt. I got some teeth embeded. I have this garter in a 10 gallon setup. I'm gonna try it on mice, if it doesn't take them after 2 weeks I'll be letting it go.
Just a short story before you see the pics. I caught another one this size, and damn was it a biter. Lets put it this way. If I lived in India catching snakes I'd be dead over 20 times from this trip. Well I put this garter in an empty garbage can for keeping. Then hops by one of thousands of frogs, and it was a big bull frog. I remembered that garters eat frogs so I tossed it in. Wham, it bit down on the leg. I realized how big the frog was and took it away from him. I went and caught a smaller on and it took it. It's weird, it didn't constrict at all. And the frog didn't put up a fight, it just got swallowed.I caught 2 more, he ate the second and spitup the thrid midway through, after he decided he was full. I move it to an empty cooler for keeping. I went back 30 minutes later to find 3 frogs in the cooler, plus the snake. One of the frog was one I had placed in for it to eat. And he regurged the two others. One regurged from was dead, of course. The other was alive as ever! This thing had been swallowed alive and if not regurged would be digested alive. Good thing frogs can hold their breaths, cause I guess thats how it lived. It was pretty cool I thought....

These pics do no justice as to the size of this garter: