Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,878

1 members and 2,877 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Feeding(pics)

Banned
    Thanks

Mice vs. Rats

Finally Monty broke his little fast! He has gone off feeding for a couple weeks because he'd been eating a little too much. Well, he did take a jumbo mouse in between the 3 weeks, but that barely made a dent in his stomach. Well anyway, yesterday was feeding day for all my pets. I had 2 mice for the babies, a rat for Monty, cricets for the anoles, and some pinkies as treats for the babies. The rat was probly a large or jumbo, I'm using the rodentpro.com standard here. The babies fed wonderfully, thanks Chip. So I open the box the rat was held in, and man this thing was big. One switch wack off the floor had it dead. Then I had to dance the rat in front of Monty's face, if you feed pre killed you should know what I'm alking about. Waving it around in their face trying to draw attention to it. It was working a little, he was pretty interested. He just stayed in strike position and kept flicking his tongue. A couple times he lost interest and tried to go back in his cave. My finally try he looked very un interested, he started to turn around to hide again so I took the rat and tapped him on the nose with it in a last desperate attempt to get him to eat, wham! He took it. I was pretty happy, and I figured you'd all like some pics. So over the 20 minutes it took him to eat it, I snapped pics. The rat is a little more then he usually eats, but he took it fine. So here ya go, enjoy.
    Here is when he nabbed it, I took him out of the cage so he doesn't swallow bark.

All that crap on my floor is repti-bark.

I've always wondered if snakes can tie themselves in knots.....

Man....I didn't realize how big this rat was....

Anyone see that rock python eat that gazelle on animal planet???

There ya go....

Thanks

Feeding(pics)

HOLY HUGE RATS Batman! I'd be terrified to feed Atreyu a rat that big....

Sass

Banned
    Thanks
    It took him a while to eat it, but he downed it just fine. The first time I gave him a big rat like that it took way longer. He'd been on jumbo mice and hadn't really been getting his jaws nice and stretched out. And it took him a while to find the head. It's something I need to watch out for, when I'm feeding him I need to make sure he bites down right on the rat's nose. If he takes it in the middle he'll usually spend 10+ minutes trying to find the right place to start swallowing.

The worst part about it is the craps, they're huge! Not too much fun to clean up.