Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,560

1 members and 2,559 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Got a new saddle!

This was from last month. They had a costume contest after barrels/poles. She was a 'paint by numbers' (for the non-hoese folk, she is a paint, like a pied bp).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 07-08-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    I love it! This is my 4th synthetic saddle, they all still work, I just buy saddles like I buy shoes. To be honest I don't even know if it has a brand name on it, but I really like it. I use it as my every day saddle. Synthetics fit my horse really well, she's very small/slender. The longest I've rode in the saddle has been 6 hours, and I've done that several times. It gets uncomfortable by the 5th hour, but it's not unbearable.

I prefer synthetic because it cuts down the weight she has to carry. I've come to be a synthetic lover, although, I do miss the smell/sound of a leather saddle! I ride rain or shine, snow or wind so I prefer a cheaper saddle that won't get ruined/stained in the rain. I do have some leather saddles, but I like fun saddles, this one is definitely flashy!

I've had a Wintec for 8 years, that is one of my favorite saddles to date. That saddle has been soaking wet many times, stepped on by horses, and rolled on and it still works/rides great! I also have a pink 'ostrich leather' and black synthetic saddle by Tahoe Texas Lights. It does get uncomfortable after an hour or two.

Thank you for your response! It was very helpful and I passed on what you said and the pictures. We'll be picking up a synthetic saddle this week, after sitting on one in person we both love em. And have only heard good things like what you said. Thanks again! And I love all your threads/pictures, gorgeous horses

Lol, I do love it! It's very unique! It's really fun to run barrels/poles with all her zebra gear
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnowShredder View Post
    Thank you for your response! It was very helpful and I passed on what you said and the pictures. We'll be picking up a synthetic saddle this week, after sitting on one in person we both love em. And have only heard good things like what you said. Thanks again! And I love all your threads/pictures, gorgeous horses
    No problem! Like I said, I really like synthetic, and I hate to admit it, but I do ride in shorts from time to time and leather against sweaty skin hurts really bad! There are a lot of horse people out there that hate synthetics. They are cheap saddles, I'll give them that, but I don't keep saddles for years and years, I change them out all the time. I have a few right now that I ride every now and again just because they are fun to ride in.

I just picked up this plantation saddle at our local horse auction for $20 which is a fraction of what it's worth. It's an amazing saddle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12