Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,772

1 members and 2,771 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation Calling For Python Pics!

We're beginning work on an ambitious new project that will be a subsection of our Encyclopedia on Pythons. What we'd like to do is have a listing of each of the representative pythons and information such as scientific name, avg mature size, range/distribution as well as a description. In order to do this well we'd like to be able to include at least one picture of each of the species - sadly my collection is not yet quite that broad

I think we've got our balls covered on this one (though an adjunct project cataloging BP morphs/traits will require some donated yet fully credited images).

If you'd like to see your python represent his species in this section we welcome the submission of photos for this. We're looking for well-lighted and focused shots of good representative specimens for each species - and as room allows we might also include variations (ie in addition to a "normal" we might show a granite, tiger etc as space allows).

Submission guidelines:

1) Make sure your image is saved in jpg format and no larger than 1024x768 (further cropping downsampling will likely be necessary).

2) Watermark or credit your images to yourself - for example you could add to the image "copyright 2005 by (your name/nice/email etc)". If you do not know how to do this just make sure to mention it in the email and I'll be happy to add that in if your pic is selected. I just want to make sure credit for those pics is reflected to the owner and photographer – they remain your property of course.

3) Identify your subject - your herp's name is optional but please be sure to include the species name - and if there are variations in normal form that you are aware of (black-phase vs gold-phase in the white-lipped pythons for example) please be sure to note that also.

4) Email your pics to picsubmit@ball-pythons.net - make sure your BPnet username is in there somewhere so we can properly credit your effort.

5) If there are any species descriptions you'd like to submit for inclusion in that section feel free to add your notes as well!

This should turn out really well - and I think perhaps with its success, open the possibility to doing a similar project not only for BP morphs but also perhaps one dedicated to boas, geckos etc. We'll link to caresheets within each entry as available also - I won't kid you this is going to take me a bit to get pulled together and there are quite a few other areas of content we're currently juggling and getting situated, so your support and patience are mucho appreciated.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Calling For Python Pics!

I've got a great pic of a BP if you need it, but other than that I'm no help. Sorry.

Good luck!
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks

Hehe - as you can imagine I think we've got balls covered (i DO know someone who is seeking BP pics for a publication - PM me if interested). And I can pull juve pics of a coastal and Jungle carpet Python, white-lipped, sumatran short-tail and red blood python as well as liasis fuscus - though shots of mature specimens among those are still welcome (and likely better than any pics i have of those species anyway).

I know you got'em! Ok well so our Liasis section is a ghost town so far . . stil . . . .

Thanks

Hmm.. I have more boas than pythons, but I do have a calabar burrowing python. I know.. she's not REALLY a python, but would you be interested in a picture? I'd love to send pics of my boas and colubrids when you're ready for them as well!

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Sure thing! Hey I appreciate all the help I can get! If you'd be interested you could even assist in getting the Boa section off the ground - PM me if so.

Thanks

I'll try to get some Irian Jaya Carpet python pictures for you tonight...when they're not on newsprint. I think I have a clean tree thing they can hang out on for some pictures. I should get some updated pictures of them anyway
    I need to handle Kushiel (my male from Anthony) more anyway.
    Last edited by Schlyne; 04-04-2005 at 04:39 PM.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

if you want pics of morphs i have a spider and a pastel.
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

Thanks

Many thanks!

Thanks

Oh man...we have a bunch!! Let me know if you need help filling in the gaps & I'll send you a zip full of 'em!

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

You are a gold mine m'dear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast