Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,036

0 members and 3,036 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: sam and sophie

Thanks

sam and sophie

Thanks
    Im not sure that its recomended that you keep Sam and Sophie together,,,, for their benifit. But the pics are had to resist
    spooky

Thanks
    ya i was just reading another blog and realizing its better if there kept separate. but i swear they love spending time with each other, we have 4 houses in there cage, yet they sleep together, and always come out and play together, ive got countless pics of them playing like this.

Thanks
    Glad you found info on separating them. Just try to remember that these are snakes and not puppies. They do not play together and will compete with each other for the spot they see as being the best in the environment you created for them. Most likely that's the reason they choose the one hide together. I hope that didn't sound like I was coming off rude it's just that people love their pets and often want to imagine they are doing things they really aren't capable of. Also if Ball pythons are out roaming around its usually a sign of stress as they tend to be the pet rock of the snake world.
    Add me on
    facebook & youtube: Anw Reptiles

∞.∞ Ball pythons
    0.1 Brazilian rainbow boa
    0.1 Hog Island boa
    0.1 Cay Caulker boa
    0.1 Irian Jaya %66 het granite
    0.1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.0.1 Uromastyx

Thanks

Re: sam and sophie

Quote Originally Posted by HerpIsAhobby View Post
    Glad you found info on separating them. Just try to remember that these are snakes and not puppies. They do not play together and will compete with each other for the spot they see as being the best in the environment you created for them. Most likely that's the reason they choose the one hide together. I hope that didn't sound like I was coming off rude it's just that people love their pets and often want to imagine they are doing things they really aren't capable of. Also if Ball pythons are out roaming around its usually a sign of stress as they tend to be the pet rock of the snake world.
    really thats interesting, because sam did always sleep and never was out before we got sophie, thats good to know and thank you. and no you didnt come rude, i do treat them like children, i just cant help it there so dam cute. but thats why i joined the forums i wanted to know more about em.

Thanks
    I am also new to this forums and got my first real BP for only 6 months. Glass tank with this type of cover is no good for humidity. I got digital hygrometer and checked my tank and humidity lost was quite fast. I stopped using glass tank since then and started using plastic tubs. Very low humidity will cause respiratory infection. Cover the top with wet towel for 75% of the top will keep humidity.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Housing them together is a very bad idea. If you dont want to put them in tubs then i would recxomend getting a PVC enclosure. The T8 from animal plastics can be bought and you just put a divider in. Serpant Merchant recently poste a very nicely detailed thread on them.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    You can use glass and still keep all the temps and humidity right. First u want to lay tin foil on the top of the screen lid, then I would suggest using Cyprus mulch as it Increases ur humidity a lot, and then invest in a shallow plastic ware dish of decent size and put half of it over/under ur heating source.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.863094,-76.206280
    1.0 normal bp- Blitz
    1.0 Nicaraguan boa- Gavin
    0.1 Red Tail Boa- Tara
    1.0 normal bp- Blitz
    1.0 nicaraguan boa- Gavin
    0.1 red tail boa- Tara