Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,809

0 members and 2,809 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by T_Leonard View Post
    I have been debating further about a few of the options for this setup:

1. The T10 instead of the T8 for the extra height 15" vs 12", just for more clearance to have access to the BP.
    2. The Swing doors instead of the sliders although it adds a little more to the price, I like the looks better. Not sure if they are better functionally or not?

I did look at the Pro Products RHP and definitely think its worth giving them a call to discuss before deciding on that. I plan to use 2 RHP's, one for each side. Sounds like the Pro RHP may allow a smaller unit if they are that much more efficient?

I have been looking at thermostats and like the Herpstat 2 for this setup. Also looking at the VE200 / VE300 models.
    For anything other than their quick ship items expect 8-10 week delays or longer!!! I just got 2 T8s from them as quick ship items (glass sliding doors instead of the other options) even the quick ship 10 day period stated ended up being 21 days including the day they arrived. AND I am still missing the optional dividers and glass doors...those were shipped out yesterday...so by the time I finish assembling it all it will be 25+ days since placing my order...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    T8 vs T10 makes very little difference. Personally I don't think it is worth the extra cost and certainly not the 6-8 weeks longer to get.

The Swing doors will make it harder to get into, and the windows are made from plexiglass. They will scratch easier, warp over time, and yellow over time. I would stick with the glass sliding doors but that's just me.

The herpstat 2 is a much better thermostat than the VE200 or 300. Herpstats are safer, have more features/capabilities, and overall are a better value for your $$.
    Aaron...any update on that experiment of yours?? I am quite interested in your findings!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OsirisRa32 For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (01-25-2013)

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OsirisRa32 View Post
    Aaron...any update on that experiment of yours?? I am quite interested in your findings!!
    I actually just updated that thread.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks
    I saw that like 20 seconds after I had already posted in here asking about it...LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OsirisRa32 For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (01-25-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the help / info guys, its time to start placing some orders today.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to T_Leonard For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (02-27-2013)

Thanks

Ordered my T8 today, with glass sliders, divider and two lights. Opted out of the flexwatt in favor of two Pro Heat RHPs, being shipped to AP for install. I'll see how it goes without a UTH and can always throw it on later if needed. As we only have one snake now, gotta decide what to put in the vacant side. Also still tossing a coin between Herpstat 2 or 4 for possible future upgrades. Thanks for all of the pics on the set up, plenty of wait time to figure out where to put probes, etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to danojeno For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danojeno View Post
    Ordered my T8 today, with glass sliders, divider and two lights. Opted out of the flexwatt in favor of two Pro Heat RHPs, being shipped to AP for install. I'll see how it goes without a UTH and can always throw it on later if needed. As we only have one snake now, gotta decide what to put in the vacant side. Also still tossing a coin between Herpstat 2 or 4 for possible future upgrades. Thanks for all of the pics on the set up, plenty of wait time to figure out where to put probes, etc.
    Dont forget to read the directions for the RHPS...many models need to be off gased for a few hours before putting anything living in an enclosed area with the RHPs...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OsirisRa32 For This Useful Post:

danojeno (01-31-2013),The Serpent Merchant (01-25-2014)

Thanks

After debating back and forth on which route to go, I finally decided to get (2) of the T8's with Glass, Locks and a light for each. I also decided to go with RHP's from Pro-Products, Bob is going to ship them direct to AP and they are going to install the RHP's and route for the cord. Talked with Ali from AP with multiple questions and coordinaton, what awesome customer service! I will definitely go through AP in the future.

We have a Herp show this weekend and I plan to pick up as many of the other items that I am going to need, hopefully at a savings. Herpstat 2, Temp gun, substrate, hides, scale, etc... I did get a shipment of Accurite Digital Thermometers in the mail today.

I'll post some pics as the process continues ......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T_Leonard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

After debating back and forth on which route to go, I finally decided to get (2) of the T8's with Glass, Locks and a light for each. I also decided to go with RHP's from Pro-Products, Bob is going to ship them direct to AP and they are going to install the RHP's and route for the cord. Talked with Ali from AP with multiple questions and coordinaton, what awesome customer service! I will definitely go through AP in the future.

We have a Herp show this weekend and I plan to pick up as many of the other items that I am going to need, hopefully at a savings. Herpstat 2, Temp gun, substrate, hides, scale, etc... I did get a shipment of Accurite Digital Thermometers in the mail today.

I'll post some pics as the process continues ......
    Sounds like a plan.
    ~Aaron

Thanks

Aaron,
    What are your thoughts on (2) fluorescent lights in each T8, the second for either a red / blue bulb. Just a thought I had this am?

Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T_Leonard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aaron,
    What are your thoughts on (2) fluorescent lights in each T8, the second for either a red / blue bulb. Just a thought I had this am?

Thanks
    I always get 2 lights, as they help boost air temps in the cage. That said I only run them during the day. The cage will hold in the heat until morning when they come on again.

I've never seen a blue or red fluorescent tube. You can get white or black light tubes. If you are just interested in night viewing LED strips would be your best option. They don't produce very much heat, and come in lots of colors.
    ~Aaron

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast