Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 263

5 members and 258 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 03:30 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 67,698
Threads: 242,232
Posts: 2,514,282
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Live4jesus
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334
Results 331 to 337 of 337
  1. #331
    Registered User reptilemom25's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2018
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 162 Times in 86 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

    OK, so i just ordered a 3x2x15" PVC cage from boamaster (didn't want to wait 3+ months from AP). I got a 40 watt RHP and 24" flourescent light fixture. My question is, should i use flexwatt or not? Do I need to provide belly heat if the rhp is maintaining the hot side temp? I have her in a tub right now, with a CHE and flexwatt. It takes both to get enough heat without dropping the humidity. I am wondering if I need the flxwatt, or if putting something for her to hang out on that is warmed by the RHP, like a piece of slate, would be ok?

  2. #332
    Registered User XPLSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-08-2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 27 Times in 13 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by reptilemom25 View Post
    OK, so i just ordered a 3x2x15" PVC cage from boamaster (didn't want to wait 3+ months from AP). I got a 40 watt RHP and 24" flourescent light fixture. My question is, should i use flexwatt or not? Do I need to provide belly heat if the rhp is maintaining the hot side temp? I have her in a tub right now, with a CHE and flexwatt. It takes both to get enough heat without dropping the humidity. I am wondering if I need the flxwatt, or if putting something for her to hang out on that is warmed by the RHP, like a piece of slate, would be ok?
    Where did you end up with this? For longer cages with a RHP on one end, it may be possible the gradient results in too low of a temp on the far end (I'm guessing not in your case). In that instance, a low end setting on a separate thermostat could regulate the low end temp of the cage in the event it is dropping too much. Checking temps would tell you one thing, observing where your animal hangs out could also be an indicator. Some people want to cycle day and night temps and I think the addition of flexwatt to an existing RHP in a two thermostat setup gives additional options for fine tuning.

  3. #333
    Registered User reptilemom25's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-18-2018
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 162 Times in 86 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
    Where did you end up with this? For longer cages with a RHP on one end, it may be possible the gradient results in too low of a temp on the far end (I'm guessing not in your case). In that instance, a low end setting on a separate thermostat could regulate the low end temp of the cage in the event it is dropping too much. Checking temps would tell you one thing, observing where your animal hangs out could also be an indicator. Some people want to cycle day and night temps and I think the addition of flexwatt to an existing RHP in a two thermostat setup gives additional options for fine tuning.
    I have found that the 40 watt RHP has done a great job. I get 88 hot side and 79-80 cool side. Astrid uses both.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    0.1 Normal ball python Astrid
    1.0 banana bumblebee Samwise
    1.0 San Mattais rosy boa Charlie
    1.0 bearded dragon Gimli
    1.0 crested gecko Mr. Lizard

  4. #334
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-21-2019
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Having Trouble Setting Temps AP T8

    I recently got a T8 heated only by a 75 watt pro heat panel, and am using a herpstat 1! However, I’m having a lot of trouble getting the temps that I need! I either have hot side spots in excess of 99, or cool side floor temps around 70-73 degrees! I currently have my probe hanging just above the cool side hide, and set to 80. However, even with the probe reading 80 I appear to have uncomfortably low cool side temps sitting around 74 at the substrate, and a hottest temp of around 103 on top of his hot side hide. I can’t seem to get any help anywhere and I’m a bit desperate. What do I need to do to get this right?
    Last edited by Mcm730; 08-02-2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Adding the question.

  5. #335
    Registered User widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-09-2018
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 6 Posts
    Does anyone have pictures of the holes for the lighting/heat panels? What prevents slimmer species of snakes (kingsnakes, etc) from being able to escape?

  6. #336
    Registered User XPLSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-08-2018
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 27 Times in 13 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

    Quote Originally Posted by widget View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of the holes for the lighting/heat panels? What prevents slimmer species of snakes (kingsnakes, etc) from being able to escape?
    I'm at work now, so no pics. The radiant heat panels have a small pre-cut hole to route through the electrical wire: the wire comes with no plug on the end. You push the wire through the hole, then cram it down into the slot, then you attach the provided plug by sticking the wire into the clamshell type plug and squeezing it shut with a pliers. No snake will fit through there. The LED lighting is similiarly routed through a pre-cut hole in the cage but has a mid-wire plug connection that the remainder of the wire-plug combination plugs into (think of a stereo headphone extension). Again, no snake will fit through that. I drilled some additional holes for temperature and humidity sensors.

    When I get home tomorrow, I'll try and post a pic, unless someone has already provided one.
    XPLSV
    _______

    2.2 Pokigron Surninam, Rio Bravo line
    1.0 Pomaville Peruvian

  7. #337
    Registered User widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-09-2018
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 27 Times in 6 Posts
    Thank you! If its too much work you dont have to worry about the pictures, I just wanted to make sure they cant escape.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1