Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,864

1 members and 2,863 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by jevenator View Post
    Yeah, I think it's the on/off types. It's the ZooMed RepitiTemp RT-600. They're the "cheapest" I'd go with. Is an upgrade to something like a Herpstat 1 Basic worth it?

I've also seen different temp positions such as hanging it secured w/ some hot glue. The probes are pretty fat plastic ones where I'd need to drill a new hole if I wanted to run it through the wall. I wouldn't be able to pass it through the LED or RHP hole already drilled.

I've been running it for about 16 hours now.
    Temps in F.

95-97 on top of rock hide
    88-92 on substrate around hide and in hide
    85-80 to about the middle
    Then it's 75 on the opposite side near the wall I understand that the 75 if LOWEST you should really have. But then again my BP only goes out at night to explore and usually ends up coming back to her warm hide always. On my old/current setup I was able to get 90-92F belly heat 24/7 with a UTH.
    83F in the air ambient.

Is this fine or should I play with a different temp probe position? It's currently set to 85F
    That's about what my enclosures run for temps when I'm not heating the whole room, which I generally have between 75* at night and 78* during the day.
    I'd say that it is beyond worth it to spring for a high quality thermostat. I run Herpstats exclusively in my room, a few of the H2 Redline and one Herpstat 4 currently. They're certainly not inexpensive, but they give me peace of mind which is priceless.
    I also drill holes directly through the vents to make probe placement simple and versatile when needed. I know it's hard to drill holes all over those cages though after waiting 25yrs for them.
    Sounds like you're close to dialed in though.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (02-23-2021),jevenator (02-22-2021),Trinityblood (02-23-2021)