Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,146

2 members and 3,144 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie76 View Post
    Just an FYI. Ordered my T8 w/divider a little while ago and forgot to ask about the t-stat probe cutout. I called Ali from AP (just a dream to work with..we talked another 10 minutes!) to inquire what side the probe/wire channel was cut into the bottom of the enclosure. By default, the probe/wire channel is cut into the right side (looking at the enclosure from the front) BUT when she sees a divider is ordered, she makes a note to also cut a center probe channel. Though she does her utmost to ensuure this isn't missed, always a good idea to call them after you order so they don't miss the center probe cut when you need to use both sides. They can also cut center AND left sides...so you have a spot in all 3 locations (left, right, & center)...for more versatility. As of today, there is no additional charge for this and they don't plan on a charge in the near future.

I will definately be ordering more here this year.
    hi,

i'm new to the forum and new to BPs. I am planning on getting my first BP (maybe 2!) at the upcoming Tinley Park show. I just ordered the T8 as well, and I am glad I read the above post , because I will have to call them myself today to make sure that center channel is cut.

Thanks for all the information.

alan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alanH For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (03-02-2013)

Thanks

This post was a great guide. I set mine up very similar to Serpent Merchant but with RHPs instead of Flexwatt.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to danojeno For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (03-02-2013)

Thanks

im just gonna guess this hasnt been asked in this thread because i dont want to scan through all the responses on this thread....
    i read somewhere that flexwatt needs a gap for air flow between cages when stacking or it could be hazardous?
    so i was wondering if anyone does anything extra when stacking AP cages or others to prevent this?
    any response will help thanks guys!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zumTod076 For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (01-25-2014)

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zumTod076 View Post
    im just gonna guess this hasnt been asked in this thread because i dont want to scan through all the responses on this thread....
    i read somewhere that flexwatt needs a gap for air flow between cages when stacking or it could be hazardous?
    so i was wondering if anyone does anything extra when stacking AP cages or others to prevent this?
    any response will help thanks guys!
    When regulated with a thermostat (which flexwatt must be) There is no need for an air gap as the thermostat will prevent any heat build up from occurring.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks

ahh okay, i shall stack away!! haha
    imma screenshot this part of the thread to hold it to ya! loljk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zumTod076 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    New here...I have a BP who is out growing the ten gallon aquarium I currently have him in and was looking at one of these pvc cages to house him in. I have a few questions though. First would a animal plastics T-1 or T-3 be big enough for a full grown male? (He isn't full grown yet but I don't want to have to make another purchase. and I know the T8 is cheaper but I don't want something that big, unless I have too.) Also the room I keep him in generally stays around 68- 70 in the winter so I am guessing that I will need a RHP. How exactly does that work...will it just sit ontop of the cage or do special holes have to be cut or something? Also How exactly do keep a hot spot with that without the ambient temps being too high? I am guessing I will need a flex watt as well? Will that work with an in. of cypress mulch substrate?

Also a question not related to pvc specifically but what size repti basics hide would work for a 300g BP but allow room for not replacing it for a while.

Thanks for the help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BPnamedOdin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BPnamedOdin View Post
    New here...I have a BP who is out growing the ten gallon aquarium I currently have him in and was looking at one of these pvc cages to house him in. I have a few questions though. First would a animal plastics T-1 or T-3 be big enough for a full grown male? (He isn't full grown yet but I don't want to have to make another purchase. and I know the T8 is cheaper but I don't want something that big, unless I have too.) Also the room I keep him in generally stays around 68- 70 in the winter so I am guessing that I will need a RHP. How exactly does that work...will it just sit ontop of the cage or do special holes have to be cut or something? Also How exactly do keep a hot spot with that without the ambient temps being too high? I am guessing I will need a flex watt as well? Will that work with an in. of cypress mulch substrate?

Also a question not related to pvc specifically but what size repti basics hide would work for a 300g BP but allow room for not replacing it for a while.

Thanks for the help.
    I would certainly go with the T-8 with the pop-in/pop-out divider. You can divide the enclosure 50/50, 70/30, 80/20 and so on until they're full grown. Call Animal Plastics about RHPs or shoot them an email. They can tell you which ones they prefer and once ordered, they can be directly shipped to Animal Plastics and they will get them tapped for you. Just my own suggestion.
    Last edited by Willie76; 03-13-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Burmese Pythons: 1.0 Albino [George]

Reticulated Pythons: 1.0 White Phase [Zeus]

Ball Pythons:
    0.1 Spider [Isis] | 0.2 Normal [Athena/Pandora]

Carpet Pythons: 0.1 Jungle [Pris]

Colombian BCI: 1.0 Crimson/Pastel [Pablo] | 1.0 Hypo Salmon [Escobar] | 0.1 Pastel [Haven]

Black Rat Snakes: 0.1 Albino [Malachi]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Willie76 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts

How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by BPnamedOdin View Post

Thanks for the help.
    Get a t-8 with a divider, go get another snake

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

NormanSnake (03-13-2013),The Serpent Merchant (01-25-2014)

Thanks

How to set up a PVC cage (AP T8) With Pictures!

You will just use screws to mount the RHP to the roof, inside the enclosure.

Here is a pic of my RHP's mounted in my T8.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

17. The Following User Says Thank You to martin82531 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok, finally got my T8's setup and have a humidity question:

Cages are setup with lights and RHP's from Pro-Products, using Cypress Mulch for Bedding (roughly 2") deep. Using Herpstat 2 and digital Hygrometer/Therm combo from Xikar.

I have the probes from the Herpstat on the opposite end of the RHP, right above the bedding, mounted on the back wall. I also have the Hygrom mounted on the back wall on the cool end as well.

I put the cypress mulch in and installed the glass doors, turned on the lights, set the Herpstat 2 for 90. The probes are reading 79 - 81 on the cool end, but the humidity is reading 90% on my Xikar with an ambient of 90 also.

I don't have my Bp's in the cages yet, but am concerned about controlling the humidity. I'm not sure if I should reduce the Herpstat Temp Settings a little lower or remove some of the bedding? I don't even have water in the water dishes yet.

thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to T_Leonard For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast