Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,946

1 members and 2,945 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

So it's been a while...

Hey, how's everyone doing? It's been a while since I last posted here and I notice the whole board has changed. Graduating from college and trying to find work has been consuming much of my time and caused me to be sucked away from everything I used to do.

Anyway, Wilson and Piper are growing. I'll have some new pictures to put up as soon as I get the new scanner. Also, Piper is Dalmation with a brownish yellow color now and a boy. Wilson is bright flame orange with a distinct chevron pattern and I can't tell whether a boy or girl. Other than that, I'm still having an on again off again problem with baby food. Some days they like it, others they don't. I hope all has been well with everybody.
    -This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way-

Thanks

Re: So it's been a while...

Hey! Good to see you again. I'm glad to hear Wilson and Piper are doing well and that it sounds like you might have a pair. How old are they now? I'm looking forward to seeing updated pics of them. Have you tried changing up the flavors of food you offer? They do seem to have distinct preferences.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Thanks...I actually moved them over to Mango babyfood, they liked that as well as Papaya babyfood and Guava Babyfood. They are about 6 months old now. By pair, do you mean male-female? If so, do I need to seperate them soon?

Thanks

I'd seperate them. Either you would end up with a possible early breeding (too young with eggs can lead to calcium crash and death), or you'd end up with two males fighting.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Well, they get along fine now. Actually, they've been sleeping next to each other, etc. since I got them at about 4 weeks old. So I'm assuming that if they are boys, they are used to each other by now. I actually had them one time in two large critter keepers right next to each other and the whole time they sat there looking at each other through the plastic. When we took the lid off one, Piper ran over and crawled in with Wilson and they went to sleep. It's interesting because I didn't think cresties were that into having other cresties around or companionship like some other animals are.

Thanks

From my observations, they're social animals, though not remotely to the degree of dogs or similar animal, but definitely more than ball pythons. If they're both boys and getting along fine, I wouldn't separate unless you see signs of aggression -- it's not likely to be an all of a sudden sort of thing. If they're a pair, then you probably have a couple of months before too-early mating is likely, but it is true you don't want to end up with a worn-out calcium-crashed young gecko.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

glad to hear you and your geckos are doing well. have you tried the pears & raspberries baby food? all of my guys love that stuff like no other flavor i have tried so far. i keep my males by themselves but it is because i saw the beginning of some aggression between them and the females. i had 4 juvies together and was starting to suspect one to be a male. oddly enough it was one of the females that started picking on him--chasing and nipping at him. i took him out and a month or so later the other female started biting at the other juvie--who at the time showed no signs of being male but has since proved to be so. it wasn't the aggression between males like i had heard was usual, but aggression nonetheless so separation was necessary. i'd say just keep an eye on them and if one does turn out to be female then once they get to be 6-8 months i'd separate them to avoid too early breeding. sounds like they are doing good so far though!
    - Emily