Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,960

0 members and 2,960 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTP Question

Thanks

GTP Question

MY little boy is upset, His branch fell, so I fixed it but now he just want to sit on the gound. Does anyone know how long he will do this for, or feel he can trust his branch again.

I was a bad buddy lol but got it all brace up better now.

Now he needs to forgive me lol

terrance
    Our Current Family:
    1.0 Green Tree Python (ARU)=Hercules: 1.0 Borneo Blood Python=Sir Lancelot
    0.1 Ball Python=Sheba: 0.0.1 Gopher Rescue=Dirty Harry: 1.0.0 Corn=Apollo
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko= Napoleon 0.1.0: Bearded Dragon=Draco : 0.1.0Fire Belly Armadillo Lizard:
    0.1.0 Rose Hair Tarantula: 1.0 Cockatiel=Luna: 0.1 Vosmari Eclectus=Evee: 0.2 Cats= Kiku, Duchess: 1.2 Dog=Lilly, Brandy, Charly: 2.0 Flemish Giant=Athena and Snuggles: 0.4 Rats: 0.0.8 Tiger Barbs Fish:
    MY Wish List:
    1.1 Jaya Carpet Python: 0.1 Black Pastel Python:

Thanks
    I think he'll go back in time - it all depends on how secure he feels. GTPs really don't spend a lot of time on the ground (from my experiences). Just make sure you have proper temps and humidity and maybe provide some fake pothos up top for cover - I'm sure he'll climb back up as long as he isn't hurt.
    ~Chris
    Biology Departments - Marist College & Mount Saint Mary College
    carillephoto.com - Wildlife, Landscape, Wedding, & (of course) Snake Photography for sale
    edenexotics.weebly.com - my snake breeding business. Lots of different species, from Ball Pythons through to Bimini Island Boas

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Mine only ever went to the ground to shed, so not sure how long it will take him to want to go back up. Did you check him over to make sure he was not hurt? WHen you put him back in the enclosure, you could always just let hum crawl back on the branch and see if he stays or goes back to the ground.

Thanks
    Yep I was going to check on that tonight, Had him out before but i am going to go though him with a fine tooth comb just to make sure, He just got done with a shed. Maybe he is just worried but I will check him out from head to tail to make sure hes not hurt at all

thank You all
    Our Current Family:
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko= Napoleon 0.1.0: Bearded Dragon=Draco : 0.1.0Fire Belly Armadillo Lizard:
    0.1.0 Rose Hair Tarantula: 1.0 Cockatiel=Luna: 0.1 Vosmari Eclectus=Evee: 0.2 Cats= Kiku, Duchess: 1.2 Dog=Lilly, Brandy, Charly: 2.0 Flemish Giant=Athena and Snuggles: 0.4 Rats: 0.0.8 Tiger Barbs Fish:
    MY Wish List:

Thanks

No pain no sharps

All is good, he just want to be a pain right now

Our Current Family:
    MY Wish List:

Thanks
    Ok not trying to steal ur thread I'm just curious about these boas. I was looking into getting one but ever ETB or ATB I have found at pet stores or online had been very aggressive and people keep telling me that they are not a snake that is meant to be handled more for show. Now I would like to get one but I want to be able to handle it. I do not mind getting bit but I don't want a snake that is not able to become docile and handleable. Any advice would be appreciated.
    1.0 normal bp- Blitz
    1.0 nicaraguan boa- Gavin
    0.1 red tail boa- Tara

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Honestly, there's a slim chance you'll find one that as east to handle as a ball python or even a carpet python. If you want one you can hold occasionally try a Sorong or Jayapura green tree python. Even with those there's still a good chance you'll get a little monster.

Thanks
    That's really a bummer cause I can't bring myself to buy a snake that I can't handle but oh we'll they are still one majestic looking snake
    1.0 normal bp- Blitz
    1.0 nicaraguan boa- Gavin
    0.1 red tail boa- Tara

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dereklondon24 For This Useful Post:

MSG-KB (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Mine is not a BOA, YES a BOA is not a nice Snake and does not like being handle.

Mine is a ARU Python and pick him up when he was older, he was about 4 1/2 ft then, about 5ft + he is sweet, has never given me any problems, he is held and we watch TV about 3 days a week. But this is not true for all GTP. When young they can be very mean. They are a hard one to work with and maintain everything right. He is just being a pain right now over the pole, but he got on it last night for 1 hr but then got down, so he is testing it I think. He has never stap at me and I have been alll over him. Don't give up you just need to find maybe a older one and be able to get to hold it to see how it feels with you. Mine eats live and I have not been able to switch him which I hate but still working on it.
    Last edited by MSG-KB; 02-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Our Current Family:
    MY Wish List:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I wouldn't let the fact that you can't handle it all the time turn you off of the idea of getting one. I wouldn't trade my GTP for the world. It's nice to have a smaller snake that can still keep you on your toes when working with it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dabonus For This Useful Post:

MSG-KB (02-10-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast