Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,122

0 members and 3,122 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks

Profit & Loss Template

Hey folks,

I'll admit, I had a "derp" moment and didn't even think of posting this template until now (thanks to another thread). Here is a screen shot of the Profit & Loss template:

And here is a download link.

Now, the only thing is, I can't seem to figure out how to upload an attachment on my post and this is a multi-tabbed excel file so whoever is interested in it will have to email me at RuthlessReptiles@gmail.com. I will also include basic instructions on how to enter numbers and navigate when I send you the attachment.

Happy tracking!
    Last edited by dr del; 02-01-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: adding download link
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighVoltageRoyals For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (09-05-2012),RobNJ (01-31-2012)

Thanks
    thanks!!

Thanks
    Be careful. That spreadsheet could be used as evidence.

Thanks

Re: Profit & Loss Template

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post
    Be careful. That spreadsheet could be used as evidence.
    I'll be honest....I'm confused. I can't tell if you're joking or being serious about something I don't know about. Meh?
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

Thanks

Thanks a lot Chelsea, this will be a HUGE help!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessReptiles View Post
    Hey folks,

I'll admit, I had a "derp" moment and didn't even think of posting this template until now (thanks to another thread). Here is a screen shot of the Profit & Loss template:

Now, the only thing is, I can't seem to figure out how to upload an attachment on my post and this is a multi-tabbed excel file so whoever is interested in it will have to email me at RuthlessReptiles@gmail.com. I will also include basic instructions on how to enter numbers and navigate when I send you the attachment.

Happy tracking!
    You're not having a derp moment at all - this forum doesn't allow attatchments.

But if you host it online I will edit the link into your original post for you.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

You're not having a derp moment at all - this forum doesn't allow attatchments.

But if you host it online I will edit the link into your original post for you.

dr del
    That would be fine with me Dr. Del! Thanks so much! Here is a link to it via "4shared.com"

http://www.4shared.com/file/qLSCzN0L..._Template.html

Just click download and wait. If you don't feel comfortable downloading off of that site, I'm still leaving my email open to you guys but for those who are downloading, here are some basic instructions I've come up with for it:

First column = prior spending (input numbers from previous month)
    Second column = proposed budget for the month (project what you are going to spend for the month based on prior records)
    Third column = what you actually spent during the month (it's easiest to do this part at the end of the month but I do opt to track throughout the month because I don't want to hold onto a grip of receipts)

THE COLUMNS IN BLUE AUTO-CALCULATE (NO NEED TO INPUT ANY NUMBERS) This auto-calculation depends on the numbers you enter in the 1st-3rd columns. Some of the blue column may not auto populate if you haven't spent anything in that category.

Important Note: when entering numbers, you DO NOT have to put positives or negatives; depending on what category you put it in, the worksheet will figure out whether it is a loss or profit. I.E. the first section of the worksheet "Sales Revenue" is profit from sales (what you earned in snakes this month which will be represented positively), the section right below that one is the "cost" of sales (numbers entered here will always be negative).

Also, you can add or delete rows as you wish; the auto-calculate boxes will adjust accordingly. A tab at the very end of the worksheet is your year end worksheet. I'm still working on making that easy to use by auto-calculating all of the months together but haven't gotten around it it. For now (or should I say, in Dec 2012) you will have to take all the totals of each month and put them in manually. This shouldn't be too time consuming and considering you only have to do it once a year, it's less tedious then a lot of other things.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu