Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,752

2 members and 2,750 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What can you say when something so horrible happens?

I can't say that he at least went peacefully. I can't say it was instant and he didn't feel any pain. Poor, poor kitty. This is why I believe in indoor cats. But it was too late for Mouse the cat.

Nathan's cat suffered a....gruesome death. The details are graphic and horrific. If you don't want to hear what happened, skip this next paragraph.

GRAPHIC DETAIL////
    He was run over..Well, his face was. Not enough to crush his skull and end his life quickly..No...Just enough for his face to fall off, but for him to still be able to scream and run and shake in pain. Enough for him to live in agony as his family tried to catch him, but he kept running and screaming. They weren't able to even get him until he fell over, finally dead, over two minutes later. Two minutes of hearing their 13 year old beloved cat scream and watch him bleed over the driveway. His father was the one who ran over him. He watched him move out of the way, but he walked back under the car and was hit by the second set of tires. The guilt and pain he feels right now is beyond belief. Nathan's mom isn't taking the death well at all, she can't even handle talking about blood, and she loves her pets like her children, so this...She can barely speak to him right now. She'll come around though, but right now everyone is really suffering.
    ////GRAPHIC DETAILS OVER

I feel so awful. I wish I knew what to say. I loved that cat too, and I KNOW how much they loved him. Nathan called me..in total pain. I mean to be honest, that cat was never their pet, he was more like an old friend who just stuck with them. He was that neighborhood cat, the one who protected the yard more than any guard dog. He just would hang out with his family just like any other person would. One of those cats you don't talk baby talk to, but seems to understand you when you just talk to him like a person. The fact that his life had to end..like THIS.. Heartbreaking puts it lightly. It shouldn't have had to end like this.

But hearing Nathan in that much pain, I just felt helpless to help him feel better. I know they will heal eventually, but it's hard to console them when..well, it really was that bad.

We all miss you buddy. I'm sorry your life didn't end as peacefully as it could have. I'm sure you're harrassing all the other little animals on the other side of the rainbow bridge right now.

I wish I had taken more pictures of you buddy. You just always seemed like you'd be around a little bit longer.

Rest in peace, Mouse.
    Last edited by purplemuffin; 01-31-2012 at 02:23 AM.

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Man that's tragic, I am so sorry for your loss.

I've lost a few cats in my day (1 to old age, 1 to illness,and 1 that just disappeared) it's never easy, but life goes on.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks
    Cats are so fun, it's never fun to lose them. It's going to be tough, but I hope I can be there for him to help each day get a little bit better.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: What can you say when something so horrible happens?

Wow, what a sad story. I am so sorry for your loss. I had to get my orange tabby male put to sleep about three years ago. He had megacolon and there was no chance of him getting better. He just got worse with each passing day. I still miss that cat. I could not even bear to stay and watch him fall asleep, and for that I feel just terrible, even to this day.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: What can you say when something so horrible happens?

Wow, that is so sad. What a horrible thing for him to have to live with. I don't know that much other than time, and a shoulder to turn to could help. I wish you luck. Just one more reason my babies never go outside. Poor little Mouse, RIP.

Thanks
    My heart absolutely goes out to you.
    0.1 Dinker (Goliath), 1.1 Het Ghost (Hercules & Athena), 1.0 Lesser (Titan), 0.1 Het Albino (Arya), 0.1 Wild Caught (Cleopatra), 1.1 Het VPI Axanthic (Perseus & Aphrodite), 1.0 Albino (Midas), 1.0 Butter (Samson), 0.1 Spider (Delilah), 1.1 Mojave (Apollo & Pandora), 0.1 Yellowbelly (Venus), 1.1 Het Pied (Isis & Osiris), 1.0 Bumblebee (Orion), 1.0 (Poss G Stripe) Pied (Spartacus), 0.1 Normal (Bandit), 1.0 Albino Burm (Caesar),2.1 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, 0.0.1 African Dwarf Frog, 0.0.2 Vicious Fishes, 1.0 child, 1.0 husband

In Loving Memory: 1.0 Pastel Zeus, 0.1 het Albino Anya

I'm a girl, I have snakes, I have tattoos, and I have piercings.

The more I talk to humans, the more I prefer my snakes.

http://www.iherp.com/julieinnj

BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks
    O_O Poor puss puss. I'm so sorry....
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    Poor kitty. So sad.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments and concern.. It wasn't a good day, especially for the younger members of the family who had to witness the event as well. Everyone is dealing with it in their own ways now. We had a big special kid's day out where Nathan and I took his little siblings out for dinner. It was a lot of fun and cheered everyone up, but it did get a little sad for a while when we talked about it. I realized that cat was a year older than his younger sister, so this is a really really huge thing for her to deal with.

I do feel bad for bringing up such a graphic story here. I just didn't really know what else to do. I was distraught and just wanted to talk. I know I made some people sad and uncomfortable. For that I'm sorry. Reality just isn't fun. Especially when it comes to outdoor cats. Nathan and I decided a long time ago our cats together would be all indoor kitties for this very reason.

Thanks

Red face Re: What can you say when something so horrible happens?

[QUOTE[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
    Thanks for the comments and concern.. It wasn't a good day, especially for the younger members of the family who had to witness the event as well. Everyone is dealing with it in their own ways now. We had a big special kid's day out where Nathan and I took his little siblings out for dinner. It was a lot of fun and cheered everyone up, but it did get a little sad for a while when we talked about it. I realized that cat was a year older than his younger sister, so this is a really really huge thing for her to deal with.

I do feel bad for bringing up such a graphic story here. I just didn't really know what else to do. I was distraught and just wanted to talk. I know I made some people sad and uncomfortable. For that I'm sorry. Reality just isn't fun. Especially when it comes to outdoor cats. Nathan and I decided a long time ago our cats together would be all indoor kitties for this very reason.
    don't be sorry sometimes that's the best way to deal with it . A shoulder to cry on even if it is on the computer
    0.1 butter
    1.1 pastel
    1.0 mojave
    0.1 bumblebee
    1.0 normal
    1.0 uromastyx mali
    2.1 anole
    0.0.1 peachfront conure
    0.10 chickens
    1.0 dog
    3.4 cats
    2.4 asf