Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,697

3 members and 2,694 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

I just lost my best friend! my ugly duckling...

When I came home about 2:30 this afternoon, of course when I walk in the door my trusty little ugly duckling came flying to me. This girl has been through alot...we bought her with her sibling who we named Polly they were so attached but our cocker spaniel killed Polly. So Dusty became best friends with Sunny our other conure. Well we got a blue and gold macaw who became so protective over Sunny and Dusty so Dusty was terrified of us because we never got a chance to hold her. Then we got 2 scarlet macaws, the larger one hated the little birds and ripped the beak off of Dusty, the top part of her beak. She lived through that and we started feeding her through a syringe but then she found a way to eat small pieces of bird food. Well we sold the B&G and so two days later this little girl started flying after me when ever she heard my voice or had seen me. She would hear my voice at the top of the stairs and take off after me. When I would clean downstairs she would sit on my shoulder, when ever I ate she would sit on my leg, whenever I watched tv she would cuddle against my neck. When I came home it took her 2 seconds to realize it was me then she would fly to me. No matter how many times I would put her on her cage she would just fly onto me when I turned around. I would seriously have to have someone take her out of her cage when I was out of sight. Her and Sunny were always together so when Dusty was on me so was Sunny....

Well today when I came home I was a little upset so when she flew to me I put her up in her cage and shut the door....when I came back a few hours later she flew to me but when she was trying to stand she would wobble and she was sagging her wings....well I set her on the couch went to grab good then came back. She crawled up onto my lap and laid her head down, thats a really bad sign....she didnt move at all until I made a comfortable little spot for her to lay on in her cage. I thought maybe she would snap out of it if she rested but I doubted it and I was crying already by then. Right as I stood up Sunny came down to her and was trying to clean her and stick her head under her belly to push Dusty up...of course I cried more. My step mom just came to tell me she didnt make it...my little ugly duckling didnt make it...so now when the ground thaws we are going to bury her with Polly...

BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I just lost my best friend! my ugly duckling...

I am so sorry for your loss.

- Nakita

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: I just lost my best friend! my ugly duckling...

I am so sorry. It's sounds like you lost a dear friend who loved you very much. Hang in there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    Sorry for your loss
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)