Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,157

0 members and 3,157 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where does everyone get their business cards/t-shirts done? Vistaprint is garbage...

I'm looking for a place with quality work that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'm much more hesitant of buying anything like this now without getting a sample sent to me first.

I've had a few issues with Vistaprint and I'm not impressed with their coupon errors or customer service. Then I finally get my first order and it's complete garbage.

This is the box they sent my stuff in.. it was a 3 sided box they taped the 4th side to

Then I open the box to find my business cards like this

I paid for premium glossy cards and out of 1,000 that I ordered, I'll be able to use maybe 250 of them-one box had cards that weren't damaged. The quality of these cards is not impressive, you can tell where they cut the cards and they just don't look good. They told me they will send out more cards, but I asked them not to send me any more of their products, so we'll see what happens.

Ugh, I was so looking forward to having business cards

The shirts are subpar, you can see through them when you hold them up. According to their site when I uploaded my logo it said "excellent quality" I would hate to see what poor quality looks like... This logo is a small one on the front chest area of the shirt.
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 01-27-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks
    I get all mine done locally.
    I'm actually having embroidery done, some shirts and hats right now.
    Most local places will make a sample on a piece of fabric for you to make sure you like the design before putting it on the final product.
    For cards I would do the same. Go somewhere local that will print them and you can pick them up.

You'll also probably save some money locally.
    Atleast down here there are a TON of places, for example... There are 6 within a 5 mile radius of my home.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Where does everyone get their business cards/t-shirts done? Vistaprint is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by c.nash View Post
    I get all mine done locally.
    I'm actually having embroidery done, some shirts and hats right now.
    Most local places will make a sample on a piece of fabric for you to make sure you like the design before putting it on the final product.
    For cards I would do the same. Go somewhere local that will print them and you can pick them up.

You'll also probably save some money locally.
    Atleast down here there are a TON of places, for example... There are 6 within a 5 mile radius of my home.
    I was wondering if I could get stuff like this done locally. Do you take in an electronic file of the logo then?

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's what happens when you fall for all their free/super cheap offers

I recommend JukeBoxPrint

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SquamishSerpents For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (01-29-2012)

BPnet Veteran KatStoverReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I used overnightprints.com for my business cards. They were pretty good quality. The design I sent them printed a little darker than I would've liked, but, being a graphic designer, I have an eye for that sort of thing and am incredibly anal when it comes to it. Thats the drawback of not seeing a physical proof, though. Their prices were fair too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KatStoverReptiles For This Useful Post:

Registered User Enigmatic Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like Zazzle.com They have very nice products and awesome customer service. They gave me 1k new business cards because of a mistake I made while uploading my image. Never have done shirts from them but have done stickers, mouse pad, and lots of business cards
    Travis & Jennifer Kuhse
    Follow us on Facebook
    EnigmaticReptiles.com
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell-

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Enigmatic Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    I got mine from NextDay Flyers. Very inexpensive, very good quality. Some issues with true color in photographs, but if you don't have a photo on your business card, no problems!
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Where does everyone get their business cards/t-shirts done? Vistaprint is garbage

I use Allegra. Great company and print quality. http://www.allegraprovidence.com/
    They are located in RI, but they may ship.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to apple2 For This Useful Post:

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I have had good luck with CustomInk for t-shirts. Always very high quality.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SquamishSerpents View Post
    That's what happens when you fall for all their free/super cheap offers

I recommend JukeBoxPrint
    Yeah, there stuff is definitely fairly priced, the shirts cost me $12 a piece and I paid $40 for the business cards. I don't know how that compares to other places, but they don't charge a set up fee and I liked that because I could just order a few of each rather than a minimum of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by KatStoverReptiles View Post
    I used overnightprints.com for my business cards. They were pretty good quality. The design I sent them printed a little darker than I would've liked, but, being a graphic designer, I have an eye for that sort of thing and am incredibly anal when it comes to it. Thats the drawback of not seeing a physical proof, though. Their prices were fair too.
    I have heard of people using them for business cards, I will definitely check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Reptiles View Post
    I like Zazzle.com They have very nice products and awesome customer service. They gave me 1k new business cards because of a mistake I made while uploading my image. Never have done shirts from them but have done stickers, mouse pad, and lots of business cards
    I'll check them out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    I got mine from NextDay Flyers. Very inexpensive, very good quality. Some issues with true color in photographs, but if you don't have a photo on your business card, no problems!
    I'll just have my pink logo so it should be fine, I'll check it out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    I have had good luck with CustomInk for t-shirts. Always very high quality.
    I have heard of them I'll have to check them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast