Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

3 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

recieved the wrong snake, need advice

i ordered a mojave male from someone, and the picture that was labeled as male 6, is different from the snake i recieved
    you can see the differences here:

the picture on the left is the one i recieved, you can see the defferences in pattern on the dorsal stripe.

any advice of what i should do?

the picture on the right is the one he had labeled as male 6, which was listed below a different picture he had labeled as male 5. male 6 is the one i specifically ordered from him. i have email records to show which one i asked for, but the kicker is, he took down both listings from his website, and the picture he had labeled as male 6, is now posted on kingsnake.com:
    http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=904589
    Last edited by cmack91; 01-27-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Confront the seller if you're really pissed about it, otherwise as long as its a mojave and you dont care that he gave you a different one just leave it alone. But regardless i would still contact him and tell them they messed up, it could have been an accident.

This is why im very careful who i buy from online, iv already had a few breeders pull some bs with me that raises instant red flags.
    1.0 Green Anaconda-(No Name)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa-(Pandora)
    0.1 Leucistic Texas Rat-(Luna)
    1.0 Albino Texas Rat-(Jolly)
    1.0 Hypo Everglades Rat-(Koba)
    0.0.2 Black Rat-(Bonne & Clyde)
    1.0 Ornate Nile Monitor-(Dracula)
    0.0.1 Green Bottle Blue Tarantula-(No Name)

R.I.P. Shebah

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I should be the responsibility of the seller to sort it out for you if you want.

Thanks

Re: recieved the wrong snake, need advice

i was hesitant to buy from him because i had never heard from besides on kingsnake, i did a BOI check on fauna and every single was "good, good, good", there wasnt a single thing bad about him.

i have an email written up that i havent sent him yet, saying he can either send me a pre-paid shipping label and a heat pack to send the snake back to him, and him to then send me the one pictured. or, if the one pictured isnt available, i will not hesitate to write up bad reviews on every site i can think of

and if the snake pictured isnt available, which would be wierd because its advertised on kingsnake right now, i wouldnt really personally care, im happy with the one i have, its just the fact that he sent me the wrong snake, and is still advertising a picture of the one that i paid for
    Last edited by cmack91; 01-27-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Yeah its deffinantly the sellers fault, and if hes on kingsnake they dont mess around. You can send an email to kingsnake and they will help out as well.

I had a dude try to make me put a down payment on a snake BEFORE he sent me the pictures....i took my business elsewhere, and sadly he was supposed to be a good breeder.

What is the name of this company if you dont mind me asking?

Edit: Nevermind i saw the link to kingsnake lol im blind
    Last edited by drama x; 01-27-2012 at 02:37 AM.

R.I.P. Shebah

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drama x View Post
    Yeah its deffinantly the sellers fault, and if hes on kingsnake they dont mess around. You can send an email to kingsnake and they will help out as well.

I had a dude try to make me put a down payment on a snake BEFORE he sent me the pictures....i took my business elsewhere, and sadly he was supposed to be a good breeder.

What is the name of this company if you dont mind me asking?

Edit: Nevermind i saw the link to kingsnake lol im blind
    oh, woops haha, i wasnt planning on saying unless he wasnt willing to work it out with me, but whatever lol
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks

heres the email i sent him

"http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/cmack1991/?action=view&current=michealcastillo.png

note, the picture on the left is of the one you sent me as mojave male 6.
    the picture on the right is the one that you had listed on your website as mojave male 6, underneath the listing for mojave male 5.

in the picture in the link above, i have highlighted the following things:

1. (a) the big arrows labeled 1, show the difference in the dorsal stripes. the left picture has a spot in each of the first two stripe segments coming off of the neck (circled).
    (b) the first two segments coming off of the neck on the picture on the right, the one that you had labeled as mojave male 6, have no spots in them (also circled).

2. (a) the big arrows labeled 2 point to the dorsal stripe segments beginning from the tail, inside the circle the segments are labeled as, 1, 2, and 3, starting from the tail, and going up the spine.
    (b) note that tail stripe segments 2 are different sizes, as are tail stripe segments 3.

is the snake that you had pictured as mojave male 6 even available? im willing to not right up "bad guy" BOI's on fauna if you are willing to send me a pre-paid shipping label with a heat pack to send you back the snake you sent me, and send me the one you had pictured as mojave male 6 with no additional cost to me.

if the snake you had pictured as mojave male 6 is not available, i will be giving you bad reviews on every website i can think of, including faunaclassifieds.com, kingsnake.com, ball-pythons.net, redtailboas.net, redtailboas.com, and facebook.com."

am i being reasonable?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Lol monkey is out the bag!

Regardless its good to know so people dont make the same mistake. Once a breeder messes up on an order it pretty much spreads like flies on dookie lol

R.I.P. Shebah

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drama x For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (01-27-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    heres the email i sent him

"http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/cmack1991/?action=view&current=michealcastillo.png

note, the picture on the left is of the one you sent me as mojave male 6.
    the picture on the right is the one that you had listed on your website as mojave male 6, underneath the listing for mojave male 5.

in the picture in the link above, i have highlighted the following things:

1. (a) the big arrows labeled 1, show the difference in the dorsal stripes. the left picture has a spot in each of the first two stripe segments coming off of the neck (circled).
    (b) the first two segments coming off of the neck on the picture on the right, the one that you had labeled as mojave male 6, have no spots in them (also circled).

2. (a) the big arrows labeled 2 point to the dorsal stripe segments beginning from the tail, inside the circle the segments are labeled as, 1, 2, and 3, starting from the tail, and going up the spine.
    (b) note that tail stripe segments 2 are different sizes, as are tail stripe segments 3.

is the snake that you had pictured as mojave male 6 even available? im willing to not right up "bad guy" BOI's on fauna if you are willing to send me a pre-paid shipping label with a heat pack to send you back the snake you sent me, and send me the one you had pictured as mojave male 6 with no additional cost to me.

if the snake you had pictured as mojave male 6 is not available, i will be giving you bad reviews on every website i can think of, including faunaclassifieds.com, kingsnake.com, ball-pythons.net, redtailboas.net, redtailboas.com, and facebook.com."

am i being reasonable?
    Lol sounds like your ready to go to war!

But none the less reasonable, id be pissed too.

R.I.P. Shebah

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    How he handles it as a seller will speak volumes as to how he conducts business. Mistakes happen, it is how you handle them afterwards.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast