Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,839

1 members and 2,838 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What Morph is this?

Hey guys,

I just got my very first crestie. She is an adult girl and I was just wondering if anyone can help me identify which morph it is? My guess from what I have researched is Fire, but I could be totally wrong. Also, any tips for a beginner would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
    Alex

0.1 Ball Python
    0.1 Colombian Red Tail Boa
    0.1.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Thanks
    She looks like a buckskin and cream fire.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Homegrownscales For This Useful Post:

abrunsen (01-25-2012)

BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new addition. You've got it right. It could be considered a flame or fire, flame is the more commonly used term.

Cresties are very easy, the only tip I have for you is to not get freaked out if you think it's not eating. They eat very small amounts. Unless you have a pig the only way to tell if it's eating is to watch for poop, if there is poop it ate.
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EverEvolvingExotics For This Useful Post:

abrunsen (01-25-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks guys! I got her from Petco (I know breeders are better but I instantly had to have her) and the lady sold me repashy leopard gecko diet which I didn't think was right but she told me that's what they feed them... So I went home and mixed it up and it didn't look right... I am pretty sure it's a supplement that you cover crickets in and isn't supposed to be food, so I ordered repashy CGD. It should be here in 3-5 days. I'm wondering how long they can go without eating?

Thanks,
    Alex
    0.1 Ball Python
    0.1.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Thanks
    Some places...

I can't believe they sold you calcium dust. I'm glad you already ordered some Repashy CGD. The sooner it gets to you the better. I would highly encourage you to go back to your Petco and complain to the manager. Maybe you can at least get something that will work temporarily from them. I wouldn't be okay with it not having food for 3-5 days.

Thanks

Re: What Morph is this?

Quote Originally Posted by eel588 View Post
    Some places...

I can't believe they sold you calcium dust. I'm glad you already ordered some Repashy CGD. The sooner it gets to you the better. I would highly encourage you to go back to your Petco and complain to the manager. Maybe you can at least get something that will work temporarily from them. I wouldn't be okay with it not having food for 3-5 days.
    I know.... and I knew to look for CGD but for some reason I was stupid and just took their advice because they didn't have it there... Is there anything I could feed as an alternative until I get the CGD? I would prefer no crickets b.c the holes in my tub are big enough for the crickets to get out... baby food? I know thats supposed to be small doses though...

Thanks,
    Alex
    0.1 Ball Python
    0.1.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Thanks
    No baby food at all. It's terrible for them. Even in small amounts. Grab some smaller crickets. For a day or two you could deal with a couple crickets around the house. She won't eat that many but probably should be offered. You probably would need less than 10. But at the same time. I always recommend juvies be fed a combo of crickets and repashy.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks
    They should have a crested gecko supplement at Petco, it won't be Repashy but it would work for a few days. I think they usually carry T-rex CGD.

Thanks

Re: What Morph is this?

Quote Originally Posted by eel588 View Post
    They should have a crested gecko supplement at Petco, it won't be Repashy but it would work for a few days. I think they usually carry T-rex CGD.
    Thanks, I will check back there. They didn't have it when I was there though. I really appreciate the help. I am at college right now and I am going home friday and I know the pet stores there have it. Do you think worse case scenario it can go until saturday without food?
    0.1 Ball Python
    0.1.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    She is a flame.

You can just get a few crickets to feed her until the CGD comes. If you don't want to do crickets you can mash up some fresh fruit and see if she will eat that. Most cresteds especially like bananas, strawberries, mangoes, peaches, and watermelon, but NO citrus fruits (they have too much citric acid). You could just mash up some banana to start if you don't want to buy a bunch of fruit since the CGD is coming soon. A day or two of no food wouldn't be too big of a deal since she is an adult and adjusting to a new home (during which time they may not eat much), but I wouldn't go more than that.
    - Emily

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

abrunsen (01-26-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast