I have been searching all day and I really haven't found the answer I have been looking for so hopefully you guys can help me out. I want to make a rack for my BPs but I am worried about fire safety because of the whole pro exotics disaster. I heard that it was caused by another building catching fire and not the actual heating elements in pro exotics but either way I am still very paranoid.

I am very good at wood working so I planned on doing that or possibly building it out of plastic or pre-made metal. Is the risk of fire due to faulty wiring or the actual flexwatt getting too hot? I know that sounds ridiculous since the flexwatt I am looking at is only 8watts i believe, but I am ignorant in how electrical fires start. Also I will most likely get 2 T stats to play it safe.

Heres my main most concern: I do not want to burn my house down. Snakes can be replaced, but I don't want to risk my or my families life or property over some snakes. Am I just being way too paranoid or is it realistic to think that a house fire is plausible? I just want to get some answers before I start building and investing money.

Also, I can keep the snakes in the basement where there are concrete floors and brick walls if that helps

Thanks everyone!