Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,578

0 members and 2,578 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiny snake Cage

Thanks

Tiny snake Cage

I have a corn snake, and he's been escaping. And I've tried putting super heavy books ontop of his cage to keep him from escaping. And, also the weighted tank top things...But he still manages to escape...Does anyone know if I should use a new cage, like a rubbermaid?

-Tiny Corn snake-

Thanks
    A corn snake that escapes even with heavy books? Have you checked for tears in your lid...?

Rubbermaids are good choices for any snake's enclosure. I use duct tape to secure mine, but I don't know if that'd cut it with your snake.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Tiny Corn snake

Yeah. I have some encylopedias on top of the cage. But he can still like, stick out of the cage..x_X He's super tiny, only about a foot long. I've checked for rips, right after he had escaped, and I didn't see anything. I'll try a Rubbermaid...But I think he'd get out still...But I'm willing to try anything..If he'd escape again..it'd be impossible to find him...Thank you...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i keep one of my bps in a rubbermaid that has clamps that hold the lid on and i put a 10 pound weight on top of the lid.
    - Emily

Thanks

Well.

Well, since everyone is saying a rubbermaid would work..I think I should try it. But, do you think If I'd get a huge rubbermaid, my snake would...like...be happy? Like a rubbermaid too big for him? Or should I get one, that fits him?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    you should get him one that fits him. an enclosure that is too big is stressful. get one with a locking lid and then weigh the lid down with something heavy.
    - Emily

Thanks
    I have my baby corns in Sterilite shoeboxes, and I haven't had one escape yet. If you want to keep yours in glass, I suggest getting a tank with a sliding screen lid, like a Critter Cage. We've kept tiny kingsnakes, ball pythons, lizards, and tarantulas in these with no escapes.

Thanks
    K...Thanks again...

Oh...Another question....Every since he's escaped, he's been really aggresive, and attacks my hand when ever I try to feed him( not the mouse), or pick him up...How could I tame him? Because I've been trying to handle him, but it doesn't work..

Thanks
    He's obviously pretty nervous. I would leave him alone for about a week. Keep him in a quiet, relatively dark place, and don't try to handle him at all. After about a week, try handling him for a very short period of time. Baby corns are very skittish by nature (you would be too if you were so tiny and defenseless). He should naturally calm down as he ages. I have 3 myself. One doesn't mind being handled. One has gone from very skittish to somewhat cautious. And the third still doesn't like being handled at all, although he no longer tries to fly out of my hand when I pick him up.

Thanks

Rubbermaid...

K...I won't do that...But I think I'll just handle him to move him into his Rubbermaid...if I can fix it.

The rubbermaid I got, it's perfect, it locks and everything...Except....ON the corners I think he'd be able to get out of there...And I was thinking Duct tape..But it might get stuck to him, and he might like die or something...Or...maybe elastic straps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast