Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,904

1 members and 2,903 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Super black pastel x blue eyed lucy

I was just wondering what the outcomes would be. Would I get anything like panda pied (my favorite morph). Please tell me all the stuff I could get. Thank You

Thanks
    They are both supers and it depends on what genes your blue eye have, if it is super lesser, then they all will be black pastel lessers

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    No the luciatic genes will eliminate all other patterns and colors. Genetically you will have both the Lucy and black pastel but it will be an all white snake.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Re: Super black pastel x blue eyed lucy

Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    No the luciatic genes will eliminate all other patterns and colors. Genetically you will have both the Lucy and black pastel but it will be an all white snake.
    Huh? wrong
    lol, as volcom said, the outcome would be all lesser black pastels or mojave black pastels or...

A Supers throw all incomplete dominate trait snakes, a super black pastel X normal throws all black pastels, same for the BEL, it will throw all lessers, or all mojaves, or all whatever gene was used to make the BEL
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    thats only if both carry the lesser gene, in these case its a super black pastel, a Bel cannot produce Bel if the other don't carry the (lesser, mojo and the other genes that produce bels)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Sorry hon, but breeding an all black snake to an all white snake will not produce the black and white panda pied. It would be nice if it worked that way, but it doesn't.

A Super Black Pastel carries two black pastel genes, so no matter what you breed it to, all the babies will carry black pastel.

A BEL on the other hand, can be made from several different combinations, and the resulting babies will depend on which combo made the BEL. BEL's can be made from Super Lessers, Super Mojaves, Super Butters and a few other super forms, or it can be made by mix and matching two of these genes, such as Lesser/Mojave. A Super form BEL will produce babies that are all the same gene the parent has two of. A combo BEL can produce babies of both genes it carries.

A pied on the other hand is recessive. It takes two pied genes to make a visual pied. So to make the elusive Panda Pied, you need two black pastels, both of whom are either het pied or visually pied, or one het and one visual. Each parent would need to contribute one black pastel gene and one pied gene, and then you hope like crazy the genes combine the right way and you get a visual super black pastel pied. However, even in the best case scenario, by breeding two visual black pastel pieds you still only have a 1 in 4 chance at hitting the panda pied. And if you are breeding with hets, it gets even harder. That is why there haven't been many panda's made yet.

Gale
    Last edited by angllady2; 01-18-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angllady2 For This Useful Post:

Missy King (01-18-2012),perfectpythons (01-18-2012)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    You could get several outcomes depending on the makeup of the BEL, but as said before they will all be Black Pastel XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX stands for one of the BEL complex genes.

You would get a lot of nice looking offspring, but none would be solid white or solid black, and nothing close to a Panda Pied.

Thanks
    I was assuming he ment in the long run since he mentioned a recessive/homo-Co-Dom (panda pied). Of course the initial breeding would produce black pastel, bel complex, or both. But what I think he is asking is what would a BEL super black pastel would look like.
    ~Aaron

Thanks
    To the OP to clarify what I was trying to say. If you put a super black pastel with a BEL you will have to potential to produce black pastels, BEL complex (whatever was used to create the BEL:Mojave, butter, lesser...) and a black pastel ______ (where the blank is one of the following:Mojave, butter, lesser... Once again whatever was used to produce the BEL)

If you take that animal say a black pastel lesser, and breed it to another black pastel lesser you have a shot at producing a BEL Super Black Pastel. Even though the snake carries the super black pastel genetics the leucistic genes will create an all white snake.

Hope this helps. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.
    ~Aaron

Thanks

[QUOTE=The Serpent Merchant;1741718]To the OP to clarify what I was trying to say. If you put a super black pastel with a BEL you will have to potential to produce black pastels, BEL complex (whatever was used to create the BEL:Mojave, butter, lesser...) and a black pastel ______ (where the blank is one of the following:Mojave, butter, lesser... Once again whatever was used to produce the BEL)

If you take that animal say a black pastel lesser, and breed it to another black pastel lesser you have a shot at producing a BEL Super Black Pastel. Even though the snake carries the super black pastel genetics the leucistic genes will create an all white snake.

So are u saying if I make black platinum x black platinum I should get super black pastel super lesser. Which is black and white.
    Last edited by perfectpythons; 01-18-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast