Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,848

0 members and 2,848 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Email Notification of Posts

Hi,

If I forget to activate the email notification of further thread replies when I make a post, can I do this later? Or, for that matter, can I subscribe to a thread in which I'm not posting?

I see the Additional Options, then Subscription choices at the bottom of the page, but am not sure how to activate my choice since the only applicable option seems to be Submit Reply, which I thought referred to replies (posts) only.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    -Joan

Thanks
    LOL. Well, I forgot to activate the subscription on THIS post, too. So I tried to do so, but when I hit the Submit Reply button, I got a message that the message was too short, so I guess I answered that part of my question. But still, there must be a way to subscribe to threads that I'm just not seeing.
    -Joan

Thanks
    Okay, for best results, follow the directions.

I searched the FAQ's and discovered the answer to my question. Thanks Admins! For those who may be as slow on the uptake as me, here you go:

"If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.
    "

Note that the 'Subscribe to this thread' link is actually nested under the 'Thread Tools' button at the upper right corner of the thread.
    Last edited by jfmoore; 01-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    -Joan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jfmoore For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Email Notification of Posts

Hi,

If you catch it within the 9 minute edit window you can also change your subscription options ( on your own post ) by clicking on the go advanced option in the edit window.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Cool! Thanks, Del. er, dr del, er Derek.
    -Joan