Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,099

2 members and 3,097 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Babies !

Thanks

Babies !

One of my momma mousies gave birth this morning !

It was so exiting.I was cleaning my room and heard some faint squeaks and i peeked in her hide and saw all these wierd pink bodies squirming around.

I dont know exactly how many babies thier are, i havent disturbed her much exept to peek in.

Everything is A O K right now exept for the fact its been a whole week since ive cleaned her cage ( due to walmart not wanting to restock thier shelfs ) .

Could i move her and her babies while i clean the cage really really fast ??
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks

probably

I would say yes you can, because i breed mice and they always seem to have babies right before i clean, so i am forced to move the babies. I have never had mice or rats kill any babies after i have handled them, and i have had a lot of different mothers and litters. I am not saying you should, because it really all depends on how much your mouse seems to trust you. My mice trust me very well because they were born and raised here, so they are very used to me. I think it is pretty safe, but i am not guaranteeing anything. tell me if this helps!

Abby

Thanks
    Ok, thanks for the reply Abby.

I havent had my mice for long but they are pretty docile and let me handle them......well....all exept for one.

I could always just clean around them.

all the babies are in a hide, it isnt one of those kind of hides like a half log where you can just lift it up and they are out in the openon the substrate, its more like a tunnel and a hut, and so when you pick up the hides the mom and the babies all go with it and thats what i wanted to clean the most becuase thats what the babies are laying on/in. but i cant get in there and pull them all out.

I just noticed somthing that was really really wierd, she took a cheerio from her bowl and went ito her tunnel to eat it and then while she was in the she left a little turd. Then she picked it up and took a bite of it....whats up with that ?
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

Thanks
    As I told you before, mice are gross... Horses do the same, they go around eating bits and pieces of manure. Might be picking up trace minerals, who knows. Sometimes dogs do it because they are lacking in nutrition, but some just do because they are nasty... Mmm, crunchy cat litter covered poo... Beats the heck out of Wendy's
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    remind me not to eat at Wendy's any time soon!
    1.0 norm bp (Curly)

Thanks
    Hey hey, I didn't say Wendy's was crunchy. Now McDonald's, I don't know where they get their hamburgers.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    congrats on the mouselings.
    When my mice have babies, I just clean the tank around the nest and leave the nest intact (I use upside down rubbermaid type bowls for nests.) The mothers are actually pretty clean in my experience; they exit the nest to defecate. So the inner part of the nest really doesn't have a huge fecal buildup. Once the babies have opened their eyes, everything gets cleaned as they're transferred into a bucket with mama.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    Hey hey, I didn't say Wendy's was crunchy. Now McDonald's, I don't know where they get their hamburgers.

Actually, you may find some comfort in the fact that McDonalds "ham"burgers are actually mostly made of soy. The true testament to their organization is how they end up with burgers, being mostly soy, having more fat than 80% lean ground beef from a grocery store! Amazing!
    -Brad

Thanks
    the meat in the jack in the box tacos is 100 percent soy product not one piece of meat

Thanks
    Hey guys, sorry i havent posted in this thread for awhile....

So heres an update on the mice.

The first batch just turned 1 week today and they are getting HUGE !

My other cute little young female gave birth two days after her and her babies (whats left of them) are doing well.She ate about three and kept 8 babies.

Ived moved them from the garage/pantry to my room, i made a shelf for the 3 ten gallon tanks and have been cleaning about every 4 days.

So, i guess thats all exept......some people found out that im breeding and they wanted to know if i could sell them some pinkies for thier.....well....i forgot exactly what kind of reptile it was, and then this other lady who my mom knows is a teacher and thought it would be cool to have a class pet.

Im letting these babies grow up so i can take one female from each litter, get a new male and breed them again so maybe ill put up a flyer for pet mice/feeders at her boarding kennel....maybe ill make a little money.

How young can male mice breed ?
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast