Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,843

4 members and 2,839 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my logo!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Got my logo!

I'm pretty excited, so I wanted to share with people that will appreciate a snake logo

I got it done by www.logonerds.com, they are a "cheap" website for small businesses. It's not a fancy logo, but for $37 I'm very happy! I googled for a $10 off coupon, otherwise the most expensive they get is $47. For anyone that might be interested I give logonerds my bessing. I got my first 6 concepts in less than a week, asked for a few revisions, and got my final less than 2 weeks (total).

And I'm pretty sure the snake is one of mine! I just sent an email to find out for sure, but the doughnut on the tail pretty much gives him away I think. (He's the first pastel I produced, so pretty cool I think!)
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 01-11-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks
    Cool. I'll have to check them out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (01-12-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Looks awesome and it's super cool to have your own snake in it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EvergladesExotics For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That looks awesome!! I got a friend in the process of making mine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GR8DANE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i really like the faded pink(ish ) python,,, and the font,,, but i gotta say, it kinda looks like
    SUTHERIN SISTERS. but there aint nothing wrong with that, i know a few of those as well
    spooky

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.spooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Got my logo!

I'm a professional graphic designer and would have made you one for free, if you ever decide to switch up the logo feel free to drop me a PM.

$37 is to expensive for a simple logo. I'm totally not criticizing, just my humble opinion. It looks very good though!

(On that note i'm going to post an ad in the business section about logos, from me to my herper friends i will make free logos/sigs for anyone here at BP. I dont know why i didnt think of this earlyer lol)
    Last edited by drama x; 01-11-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    1.0 Green Anaconda-(No Name)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa-(Pandora)
    0.1 Leucistic Texas Rat-(Luna)
    1.0 Albino Texas Rat-(Jolly)
    1.0 Hypo Everglades Rat-(Koba)
    0.0.2 Black Rat-(Bonne & Clyde)
    1.0 Ornate Nile Monitor-(Dracula)
    0.0.1 Green Bottle Blue Tarantula-(No Name)

R.I.P. Shebah

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drama x For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (01-11-2012)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    VERY nice!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    WOW! Thats a nice logo. I need to get one done!
    [6.18 Ball Pythons ]

Clown, Champagne, Pied, Pastel Lesser, Enchi, Fire
    Albino, Bumble Bee, Pewter, Black Pastel, Lesser, Pastel Het Pied, 2 Mojaves, 2 Pastels Het OG, 2 Spiders, 3 Het Pieds, 3 Normals

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ReptilesK2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been in the design/development industry for a while...not to be mean, but
    Quote Originally Posted by drama x View Post
    I'm a professional graphic designer and would have made you one for free
    Then no, you're not. That's like saying "I'm a professional snake breeder - here's one of my best snakes...for free"

Professionals put value into their work.

Granted, there are certain circumstances where you do pro-bono work. Perhaps you are a hellaciously awesome designer and you're just feeling generous. Then who am I to judge

$37 is to expensive for a simple logo.
    Nope. That's quite cheap.

Companies looking for a brand can spend upwards of hundreds to thousands of dollars on logos...because professionals know what they're doing and aren't "cheap". I believe the design industry is just the same as in the reptile industry in that you get what you pay for.

Now, I don't mean to be crude about my opinion and your choice of who created your logo. I will say that the rendering of the snake kicks ass. But the font used is way too common. It's one of the default fonts that comes on every computer now, and it is (in my opinion) just a bad font. It's way too over used.

Even Edible Arrangements uses the font. Good company, but I still think a different font should be used.

I use DaFont to find less than common fonts. Perhaps you can pick out a few fonts and send them to your designer.

Keep the snake. Switch the font.
    Last edited by Nate; 01-11-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I've been in the design/development industry for a while...not to be mean, but

Then no, you're not. That's like saying "I'm a professional snake breeder - here's one of my best snakes...for free"

Professionals put value into their work.

Granted, there are certain circumstances where you do pro-bono work. Perhaps you are a hellaciously awesome designer and you're just feeling generous. Then who am I to judge

Nope. That's quite cheap.

Companies looking for a brand can spend upwards of hundreds to thousands of dollars on logos...because professionals know what they're doing and aren't "cheap". I believe the design industry is just the same as in the reptile industry in that you get what you pay for.

Now, I don't mean to be crude about my opinion and your choice of who created your logo. I will say that the rendering of the snake kicks ass. But the font used is way too common. It's one of the default fonts that comes on every computer now, and it is (in my opinion) just a bad font. It's way too over used.

Even Edible Arrangements uses the font. Good company, but I still think a different font should be used.

I use DaFont to find less than common fonts. Perhaps you can pick out a few fonts and send them to your designer.

Keep the snake. Switch the font.
    Whooo calm down buddy lol. Iv been doing graphic designing for 4 years and contributed to plenty of websites. And that render of that snake is simple. And yeah that font is called Papyrus, yes very common. I also use dafont as well, all graphic designers do, its the corner stone of our hobby.

I do graphic designing for fun, it was a hobby i got into not trying to make a quick buck off of people. Just like collecting snakes, i do it for fun. Now breeding is different, yes it takes time and effort. Graphic designing, when you been doing it as long as me and know it like the back of your hand, NO it doesnt take any effort at all.

Please dont jump the gun and jump to conclusions next time, i realize your a moderator and feel you have the right to ride your high horse, but just relax bro. I didnt come in here criticizing anyones work, i just offered my services to help people here at BP.
    1.0 Green Anaconda-(No Name)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa-(Pandora)
    0.1 Leucistic Texas Rat-(Luna)
    1.0 Albino Texas Rat-(Jolly)
    1.0 Hypo Everglades Rat-(Koba)
    0.0.2 Black Rat-(Bonne & Clyde)
    1.0 Ornate Nile Monitor-(Dracula)
    0.0.1 Green Bottle Blue Tarantula-(No Name)

R.I.P. Shebah

18. The Following User Says Thank You to drama x For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (01-11-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast