Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,907

0 members and 2,907 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Still not growing, help?

Quote Originally Posted by onna_shinigami View Post
    Sometimes you don't realize how much they've grown until you look back a few months later after taking pictures to see it. I did the same last year between June and October, I thought my little one hadn't grown much. After taking new pictures and looking at old one's she'd grown quite a bit more than what I thought. lol
    Lol, yeah, I did that with my ball. One day we both realized he could no longer sleep in my bra. We were both very disappointed XD

Not the case with this gal though. She definitely hasn't grown much. She's only shed twice since I got her, and my uncle, who was with me the day I got her, saw her at Christmas and commented on how little she'd grown.

But I'm just glad to know she's progressing normally.

Thanks
    I can tell you from experience that she's fine. I got my boa girl in May of 2008 as a baby (around 100g). She was just like your girl, except she ate even less. I was worried there was something wrong with her because at 2 years old, she was still very small (I'd have to look back on my threads, but I think she was the same size as yours in the picture of her on your hand). Then she hit a growth spurt and just hasn't stopped growing. She is almost 4 years old and she's over 4ft now and weighs roughly 2000g. She eats each and every week (I feed smaller sized prey to compensate for the frequent schedule).
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Still not growing, help?

I agree with everything that has been said here; she's fine! I love hearing people feeding young boas every two weeks. Obesity is a common problem with boas for this reason. But just wait, one morning you'll wake up and realize your little baby has turned into a monster snake!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12