Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,838

1 members and 2,837 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

granite yellow pair

Hey all,
    Have some first day pic's and wednesday feeding pic's for you. lol Next I'll have to figure out how to post videos.
    first day female
    first time female was in the new bucket
    male come out come out where ever you are?
    TY I see you

Thanks
    female with black small rat

male love's to eat!
    Found her like this one day. I have no idea how long she was stuck? Darn teeth, alway's getting in the way. lol
    after she got loose
    female had the temp gauge stuck to her neck for like an hour.
    She would do this whenever I came in her cage

This is what the male granite did to me when I first tried to handle him. Did some crazy Neo move's on me!

Thanks
    God i cant wait to get my first conda, i want just the classic green, male. Thats a beautiful yellow though!

I keep hearing conda bites are the worst. Im waiting a couple years to get my experience up before i purchase one but the anticipation is killing me!
    1.0 Green Anaconda-(No Name)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa-(Pandora)
    0.1 Leucistic Texas Rat-(Luna)
    1.0 Albino Texas Rat-(Jolly)
    1.0 Hypo Everglades Rat-(Koba)
    0.0.2 Black Rat-(Bonne & Clyde)
    1.0 Ornate Nile Monitor-(Dracula)
    0.0.1 Green Bottle Blue Tarantula-(No Name)

R.I.P. Shebah

Thanks

Re: granite yellow pair

Quote Originally Posted by drama x View Post
    God i cant wait to get my first conda, i want just the classic green, male. Thats a beautiful yellow though!

I keep hearing conda bites are the worst. Im waiting a couple years to get my experience up before i purchase one but the anticipation is killing me!
    The bite that "popped my cherry" happen so fast? I didn't
    even know I was cut. The male granite wasn't even facing me at first. He came up and turned his head and hit my pointer finger (between knuckle and palm).
    The second hit was all of my finger's getting blooded (the pic). Then. I was holding him and thing's were going good. Then all of a sudden he came up and clamped down on my left hand. I freaked and gently put him back. Didn't really hurt but I could feel alot more teeth.
    But, now he is a whole lot better. Hasn't bitten since. The female hit me once barely drew blood just
    Alittle. She only did it once.
    I really didn't mind being bit because I knew I was going to get bit eventually. I did want to sell them after the first bite from the male. But, I calmed down and realized that there animals and there just doing what comes natural to them.

alittle.

Thanks
    Very nice. The thing with anaconda bites is most of the time you never see them coming. When my other snakes bite me I usually know im about to get bitten that doesnt happen with the anacondas they sneak them on you lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    Very nice. The thing with anaconda bites is most of the time you never see them coming. When my other snakes bite me I usually know im about to get bitten that doesnt happen with the anacondas they sneak them on you lol.
    Hey bro how's your granite yellow annies doing? Mine are doing great. They both eat like champ's and have scary (not really,lol) feeding responses.
    I was expecting smaller granite yellows but no, mine are yearling's. I think you and I are the only owner's of this variation on this site and on my other forum that I go to? lol
    Have you found any information on granite yellow anacondas on the web? I can't find any articles or posts from other's (well one on reptizone, guy lives in the uk) on the web. There are absolutely no youtube videos of people owning them. So, weird.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Very nice, those Neo moves aren't a joke, condas have some crazy attack styles you don't regularly see!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gbusiness View Post
    Have you found any information on granite yellow anacondas on the web? I can't find any articles or posts from other's (well one on reptizone, guy lives in the uk) on the web. There are absolutely no youtube videos of people owning them. So, weird.
    What kind of info are you looking for? They are fairly new and havn't been bred much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMCReptiles View Post
    What kind of info are you looking for? They are fairly new and havn't been bred much.
    I guess just basic information. Like.
    1. What are they crossed with to be made?
    2. What's there average max size in captivity?
    3. How rare are they to keep in the snake pet world?
    4. Are there tempermant more like a green or a pure yellow?
    5.Has anyone ever breed them back to a yellow or green annie?
    Basic info. I assume there more like a pure yellow anaconda.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gbusiness View Post
    I guess just basic information. Like.
    1. What are they crossed with to be made?
    2. What's there average max size in captivity?
    3. How rare are they to keep in the snake pet world?
    4. Are there tempermant more like a green or a pure yellow?
    5.Has anyone ever breed them back to a yellow or green annie?
    Basic info. I assume there more like a pure yellow anaconda.
    1. They arn't, It's a natural accuring heriditary trait, Most will say recessive but some will claim dom/co-dom because some offspring will vary and look similar to normals or in between. But since it hasnt been breed alot it's like any new morph and hasnt been bred to the purity that one would expect. All pattern based morphs will start out with high variences because of the way the genetics work with them. Unlike things like albino, can't have a "sort of albino sort of normal. Look at the patternless yellows Ben Renick produced, they look alot different from the parents and vary quite a bit in the offspring themselve. Selevtive breeding down the line will "pure up" the genetics in the Granites and Paternless yellows so long as people keep up with breeding.

2. Same as any other yellow.

3. fairly rare, been around for about 10 years or more, possibly longer but never really made a splash into the public reptile world untill about 8-10 years ago. but at the same time they have been bred and proven. The offspring vary in the way the pattern is. Some are coverd in all semi circles that look like the side patterns. and then some will have the almost hour glass look.

4. They are a pure yellow, so yes. If you mean normal yellow compared to this morph like how jungle (i think its the jungle morph) ball pythons have a more bitey temperment in females then I couldnt tell you. Most people have very very high fluctuations in what they consider a normal temperment for yellow anacondas. But I would say no different. Nippy and defensive when not approched with the utmost caution when young, but can quickly grow out of it with proper handling and all that fun stuff.

5. not that I know of, only cases I've seen of hybrid morphs were people caliming hypo and patternless, the hypos so far have all been just examples of reduced pattern hybids just like any other yellow can have the faded back spots, but none being the the actual hypo morph. And I have yet to see any patternless hybrids, just claims.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast