Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,849

0 members and 2,849 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks

read the bill

Where in the language of the bill does it say you cannot sell across US state lines? All I have read is that it bans the import of the snakes into the country. It doesn't even ban ownership unless I totally missed something.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/us...2----000-.html

The language and link are on page 3 of this thread. Plus the US code is above.

Anybody have a law degree?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    Have you sent your letter(s)???

Thanks
    When is this bill being voted on? and how many emails/letters do we need? Is it being attached to another bill? I've emailed/ mailed mine. Also if its just banning out of country imports wouldn't that almost help the hobby? Breeders wouldn't have to compete with the cost of cheap imports.... Just a thought I do realize that if it is passed it is a step in a direction to make them completely illegal.
    Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/flyfishben?feature=mhee

My Collection:
    0.1 2009 pastel
    1.0 2010 spider
    0.1 2010 pinstripe
    0.1 2011 pastel
    1.0 2011 mojave
    0.1 2011 cinnamon
    0.0.1 2009 normal corn snake
    0.1 100% het anery 66% het snow boa

Thanks
    this is the second letter I have recieved now by two different people and if you could see the actual email it looks extremely fancy unlike the first and its deffinately alot longer

January 13, 2012

Dear Ms. Wolford,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns with the Lacey Act. I understand this issue is important to you and appreciate the time you have taken to contact me.

Last August, the Department of Justice raided Gibson Guitars on alleged Lacey Act violations. The Lacey Act is intended to prohibit trade in wildlife, fish and plants that have been illegally taken, possessed, transported or sold. Justice Department officials claim that wood imported from India by Gibson Guitars was fraudulently labeled to conceal a contravention of Indian export law. Gibson has argued that the government has failed to demonstrate how companies can ensure they are complying with the law. Further, according to Gibson, these raids have resulted in lost productivity and cost the company approximately $1 million. I believe we must carefully examine these allegations and pursue common-sense policies that promote job growth in the United States.

In the 112th Congress, there have been two pieces of legislation introduced to amend the Lacey Act as it is currently being enforced. The first was a Senate amendment proposed to H.R. 2112, the Agriculture appropriations bill on October 17, 2011. This amendment would have prohibited the use of federal funds to prosecute any violation of foreign law with respect to a plant taken, possessed, transported, or sold, unless the applicable foreign government initiated proceedings against the suspected company or individual. This amendment was never voted on and was not included in the language of the passing bill.

The second pending amendment to the Lacey Act is H.R. 3210, the Retailers and Entertainers Lacey Implementation and Enforcement Fairness (RELIEF) Act. This bill was introduced on October 18, 2011, and was referred to the House Natural Resources' Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans, and Insular Affairs for consideration. The RELIEF Act would clarify previous amendments made to the Lacey Act by excluding violations that occurred prior to May 22, 2008, and would outline the requirements for wood products that would entering the United States. In addition, the bill would provide certain protections to companies or individuals who may have unknowingly possessed illegal wood and would cap civil penalties for first violations at $250.

Like you, I share in the belief of preserving and creating legislation that protects American jobs and spurs domestic economic growth. Be assured that I will keep your thoughts on amendments to the Lacey Act in mind should H.R. 3210 and other related legislation come to the House Floor for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. To stay informed on what is happening in Washington and around the 17th District, I invite you to visit my website http://schilling.house.gov to sign up to receive my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,

Bobby Schilling
    Member of Congress
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I don't think it matters if ball pythons are included or not. A lot of us own snakes that will be included if this passes and as a community we need to come together to stop this because if this passes they will start to come after the smaller snakes next.
    Oh, I agree! I was just trying to clear up the confusion

Thanks
    Sent!

Actually I sent it on the 6th, but it is sent.

Thanks

DONE! Signed, emailed, printed, and posted all over numerous social networking sites

0.1 Yellow Belly Ball Python - Bathory
    0.1 Normal Ball Python - Malévre
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Franco
    0.1 Leopard Gecko - Zero
    1.0 Blizzard Corn Snake - Kemper
    1.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake - Rader
    1.0 Boa - Bundy
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - Dr. Finkelstein aka Mr. Beard
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos - Lock and Shock
    1.0 Pitbull/Bulldog Mix -Jack

I am a professional photographer check out my fan site here or my actual website here

Thanks

when are they going to vote on this?

Thanks

Sent emails. Why does our government have to stick their noses into where it doesn't belong? Why are they stripping us of our freedom and happiness. They need to focus on other things like the war in the Middle East. There are more Americans dying in the Middle East right now than from snakes.

Thanks

Letter's have been sent.
    4.11.3 Normals, 1.1 Fire, 0.1 spider, 0.3 Pastel, 1.0 Super Cinny, 0.1 Cinny, 1.1 pinstripe, 1.1 Mojave, 1.0 Firefly, 1.3 Yellowbellies, 1.2 Het. Pied, 1.0 Pied, 1.0 Mystic, 0.1 Pinstripe het. Albinoo, 0.1 Lesser het. Albino, 1.1 Enchi, 1.0 Calico Pastel, 0.1 Calico, 0.1 Sable, 0.1 Vanilla, 1.1 VPI Axanthic, 0.1 het. VPI Axanthic, 0.1 het. Clown, 1.0 Bumblebee, 0.1 Orange Ghost, 1.0 Champaign, 1.0 Albino, 0.1 het. Albino, 1.1 Black Pastel, 1.1 Dumerils, 1.1 BCI, 1.0 ATB, 1.0 Childrens Python, 3.2.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.0.1 Timor Monitor

Welcome to the zoo.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast