Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,822

0 members and 2,822 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Signed and sent. Going to try to print and mail out hard copies.

Posted an article about it myself on my facebook. Spoke about not just the banning of snakes, but also the banning of OTHER exotics pets that will surely follow if THIS is allowed. Because quite frankly, where would it stop if this is okay? What would they go after next that takes away from our rights and freedom in the united states?
    A Girl with some Balls

0.1 BEL 1.0 Mojo 0.1 Pastel 1.0 Normal 1.0 Spider 0.1 Leopard gecko 0.1 Redtail Boa 0.0.1 Red Eyed Croc Skink Many Hissing Roaches

Thanks

Just signed petition and sent emails.

Thanks

I am a full time working mother of 3 and the government needs to realize that the "herp community" consists of far more people than they realize. I don't understand their basis for this law at all, do they have a law against "dangerous" breeds of dogs?? take the pit bull for example is the pit bull a dangerous breed of dog that should be banned or is it the pet owners actions and inaction's that make that particular dog dangerous, it is the same thing with Burmese pythons and all of these other animals they are now trying to ban, its not the animal that is dangerous by itself it is the owners actions that make it so and i don't see how they could possibly legally ban them. Maybe new constrictor owners should be required to take a class or obtain a permit or something. You know something like "this snake will get big and live for XX years, don't let it loose, here's how to take care of it properly, here's how to get rid of it properly if you can no longer care for it" DUH

Thanks
    oh yeah and sent

Thanks
    Hm.. Didn't realize this bill would also prevent "interstate transport." Now I'm very angry.

Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    Thanks

signed, will mail out hard copies tomorrow. thanks for the heads up

Thanks

I am not an american citizen so I can not intervene in this issue but i want to give you the advide to send letters instead of e-mails. Letters are far more effective!

Thanks

My wife works at one of the biggest and best animal hospitals in the country, so tonight she's going to go on BP.NET and copy this and pass it out to everybody to get everyone to send letters and email. It has a huge staff. Laws like this just blow my mind, are they going to ban swimming pools, cars, planes,motorcycles, guns,fast food,cigarettes, alcohol, and all humans etc.. If only everything in this country was as dangerous as supposedly these snakes and caused such few deaths the world would be a much safer place.. I already went through this junk when I bred and showed weight pulled and hunted with American Pit Bull Terriers and the constant attacks on them and breed specific laws were ridiculous and still constantly ongoing. It was such a headache and then I had my kids that I got out of the dogs and got into Reptiles my childhood passion and now here we go again. Incredible!!!!!!! Let's all stick together and fight this tooth and nails to the end. This time there no way I'm getting out of Reptiles ever!!!!!
    Last edited by The Mad Baller; 01-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks

Signed, emailed, and will print hard copy as well. Thanks for bringing the matter to our attention!

Thanks

Trying to clear up some confusion I've seen on this thread (I was rather confused as well until I read the actual amendment being proposed)

A lot of people (other blogs and websites included) are saying that ALL pythons, including the ball python, would be banned. According to the species listed in the legislation this is not correct.
    The legislation is written very clearly as to what species they are talking about, and I googled the names to verify which breeds these are and ball python (Python Regius) is not included.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s373/show

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast