Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,064

1 members and 3,063 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

sent my letter and put a like on facebook

Thanks

I got a "reply"

Dear Friend: Thank you for your email. I appreciate hearing from you. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming emails, but every message is read by my staff and if you live in Illinois we will provide a response as soon as possible. I appreciate your comments.:cens0r: Thank you again for contacting me. :cens0r:Sincerely, contacting me. :cens0r:Sincerely, Richard J. Durbin United States Senator

I know this is the EXACT copy as another IL person got. IA anyone getting a legitimate response?
    Last edited by zeion97; 01-09-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: ummm....i got 4 censors...?
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

Registered User SeeTheCityLights's Avatar
    Thanks

Sent! I really hope the ban doesn't come into action.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I sent my letters early on (both e-mail and hard copy) and the only response I've received so far has been:

Thank you for emailing me. I truly appreciate your taking the time to be in touch. Listening to my constituents is a priority for me. If you are a constituent and provided me with your full name and postal mailing address, I will be responding to you as soon as possible.

If you have written regarding a problem you are having with a federal agency, a caseworker in one of my district offices will be contacting you shortly. If your problem is time-sensitive, you may also call my Madison office (608-258-9800) or Beloit office (608-362-2800) for immediate assistance.

If you are contacting me for information about tours for your visit to Washington, DC, please call any of my offices and I will be glad to help make your visit enjoyable.

Finally, I encourage you to further explore my website at www.tammybaldwin.house.gov. Through it, you can sign up to receive my e-alerts on news from the House, learn more about current issues before Congress and find out what I have been doing to represent the people of Wisconsin's 2nd Congressional district.

Thanks again for staying in touch!

Tammy Baldwin
    Your Congresswoman
    I got that shortly after I sent the letters on the 4th.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks
    Letter sent.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks
    Dear Adam:

Thank you for contacting me about your concerns regarding the Lacey Act. I appreciate hearing from you.
    The Lacey Act (the “Act”) was originally introduced by Rep. John Lacey of Iowa and signed into law by President William McKinley in 1900. Since, the Act has been amended numerous times. The law in its current form makes it unlawful to purchase a plant that is traded or taken in a manner that does not comply with U.S. law. The intent of this law is to preserve and prevent the illegal trafficking of certain plants and animals, and to prevent the potentially harmful effects of non-native species of plants and animals.
    I support trade measures that allow Colorado’s farmers, ranchers, and businesses to sell their products around the world. However, it is also very important that our trade agreements should protect environmental standards both here and abroad. Our country has struggled to strike the right balance on these issues for years.

Should legislation amending the Lacey Act come before the full Senate for consideration, I will keep your concerns in mind. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/. Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Michael Bennet
    United States Senator

Please do not respond to this email. To send another message please visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov and fill out the webform for a prompt response. Thank you.
    Rocky Mountain Balls
    Website
    Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts

Lol, you can tell they didn't even read what you sent them since the whole response was focused on plants.

Our tax dollars are hard at work there.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post

I just did a search and a lot of these snakes top out at 6-10 feet, these aren't big snakes, not good...
    That is correct. The three of mine that will be affected will only get to 4-6 feet long.
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    Signed and sent! Honestly, this ban doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I can't see how anybody but the people behind it's creation could support it.

Giant boids are invading the Everglades?! Well, lets ban transportation between any state!
    compare to:
    Feral cats are running wild and decimating bird and wildlife populations?! But they're so cuuuute~ ...

Not that I want cats banned or any such nonsense. But you can see where this totally makes sense.
    ~Katey~

Ball Pythons, Boas, and Corn Snakes, oh my!

Thanks
    "This rule, if enacted, would ban the import and interstate transport of nine constricting snakes; Burmese python, Northern & Southern African pythons, Reticulated python, all four Anacondas, and Boa constrictor."

Sent the letter, Seriously though.....the economy is doing poorly enough as it is and they want to make things worse by taking away the jobs of 90% of the snake breeders in america?

Being a politician is just like being a hooker, you have to be able to pretend to like people while your screwing them.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast