Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,518

1 members and 2,517 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Logic_is_me_sv View Post
    The ban sucks. But at the same time there are many threats to our wildlife not just "constrictors". I love snakes, exotic or native but I do think that native wildlife can't endure much introduction with out a disaster outcome. I'd hate to see the ban of all exotic snakes. The only thing worst than seeing exotics snakes get banned is native wildlife expiring due to escaped/released foriegn snakes.

There's no question for the love of our snakes, I know we all love our snakes. Maybe the real question is "are my snakes a threat to native wildlife"?

Hopefully I don't get "STONED" by other members but I think its important to view this current situation from this angle also.

Maybe the question is can these large constrictors live anywhere else then south Florida year round? Answer is no, this is not a issue that should affect the entire nation just south Florida. Its a load of crap, written up by morons and animal haters!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rgalanti21 View Post
    So I am a little bit lost on this issue. Has the python ban been voted on and approved by both the house and the senate? It it official yet?
    There was no bill.

It was a rule enactment/amendment made by the USFWS. The Congress has no vote in it. Therefore signing any petition is an exercise in futility. The rule amendment has to be challeneged in Federal Court by debunking the evidence that led to the rule amendment.

It is a ban on interstate transport and importation. There is no "ban" on ownership - yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boadaddy View Post
    Maybe the question is can these large constrictors live anywhere else then south Florida year round? Answer is no, this is not a issue that should affect the entire nation just south Florida. Its a load of crap, written up by morons and animal haters!
    Its true that those large constrictors perish in colder parts of the Nation. But if people keep and breed larger constrictors in the surrounding states, there's always going to be a chance of them getting back into the Everglades. Even if breeders only exist in (wintered states) there will always be a chance that someone may sell them to a potential costumer in Southern Florida/surrounding states, even if its out a ignorance or deliberant. Thats still a threat.

I live in Michigan and I know of a Red Tail Boa that overwintered and survived. It didn't actually hibernate but it burrowed in the ground next to a building that produced heat. Now thats survival skills! Can't under estimate these creatures/pets.

The blame goes to the people that released their Exotic Snakes into the Everglades! They messed it up for all of us.
    guns don't kill people LAZERS DO!!

Thanks

Sent and shared.

Thanks

Angry Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Thats BS!!! Dumb people releasing full grown bermese pythons is part of the resaon for this ignorance!!! Responsible snake owners should not be punished!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Momma20 View Post
    Thats BS!!! Dumb people releasing full grown bermese pythons is part of the resaon for this ignorance!!! Responsible snake owners should not be punished!!!!
    I'm with you on that!

Makes all of us look bad.
    guns don't kill people LAZERS DO!!

Thanks

Exclamation Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

NOOOO
    people are signing the wrong petition!!!
    the real one is on the white house website!!!

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...4Y#thank-you=p

people we need 25,000 signed petitions for this!
    please go on the website and sign!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arsany For This Useful Post:

Thanks

need advice on how to help stop the BAN

Hi I know this may not have anything to do with me yet, but if this passes it wont be long tell it starts in Canada, I want to help owners keep there snakes.
    Tell me how to help
    My opinion:
    If your snake hasn't attacked a child and is not venomous then you should get to keep it, if you have a problem with someones pet snake (ie someone was hurt) that situation should be dealt with separately. Like hello there are lots of animals people fear!!! My mother for one is scared of Snakes, mice, frogs, spiders the list goes on are you going to ban all of them to and if you start with Boas and Pythons whats next?! It wont stop this is something to be taken seriously I already can't get a American Staffordshire terrier with out it being put down on arrival (My fave breed, Punish the deed not the breed don't be stupid). I don't want my Boyfriends Python or any other snakes to be killed unnecessarily because some people are scared of them, ya I get it they can bite but so do alot of other animals so that just means respect them and don't be stupid if they bite its for a reason

Thanks

so NOT happy

Tried to sine several petitions and I am not aloud because I am Canadian, I know over 100 people who would sine with me but they will not except any from Canadians and this number is with out me asking I just know they would 100% sine.........

ANYONE know a way around this I want to help

Thanks

I'm just a noob on this forum but was forwarded this from a professional herper (friend). There is currently a petition underway at the whitehouse.gov site to reverse the python BAN. They need 20,000 more signatures and will be posting the link on my facebook as well. The site takes a bit of time to open but don't be discouraged it will.

http://wh.gov/BEQ

Edit: The link in post #127 seems to be the same. Lets do this!
    Last edited by dburke2001; 01-27-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast