Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

2 members and 3,208 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

sign this petition. https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...4Y#thank-you=p that is to stop overturn the ban.
    Knowledge is earned not learned.

Thanks
    emailed

Thanks
    If we can get 700 votes for a picture to win some contest, we should be able to get people to sign this petition. Its time to band together.

Please take the time to sign this petition if you haven't already, whether you own these snakes or not it has a huge impact on the community.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/​petitio...4Y#thank-you=p
    0.5 Normal - Crawly, Bonnie, Sally, Oracle, and Silver
    1.1 Spider - Parker and Clyde
    1.0 100% Het Albino - Lucky
    0.1 Cinnamon - Riddle
    1.0 Lesser Cinnamon - Sinatra
    1.1 Pastel Possible Het OG - Mellow and Squirt
    0.1 Albino - Sunny
    0.2 Mojave - Cassiopeia and Cleopatra
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly - Jigsaw
    1.0 Calico - Zeus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeion97 View Post
    You got it...BUT, doesn't it seem odd? Banning them all together is next. at least that's my opinion... We just need to keep up the efforts, work together, and stay professional as a community.
    Of course, and I'm not happy in the ban in the least even though I have no interest in owning the snakes that are currently on the ban (Boas and Retics on the other hand...). I think it's ridiculous and I can't see how it will help with anything honestly. I didn't mean that it (the ban) isn't a big deal, I think some people were just confused as to what was banned (the transportation/selling between states), not banning the current 5 altogether from owning (yet...)
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    Thanks
    My Response was "Dear Mr. Blake, The U.S. Department of Fish and Wildlife has not issued a final rule on listing constrictors as injurious species. I understand this issue is important to you, and I appreciate hearing your input and expertise. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor this process.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. You may be interested in signing up for my periodic update for Washington State residents. If you are interested in subscribing to this update, please visit my website at http://cantwell.senate.gov. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Maria Cantwell
    United States Senator

Thanks
    Just sent them letters!!!! Lets go peeps!!!!

1.0 Pastel Champagne
    1.0 Clown Het pied 1.0 Pastel Ghost Het Pied
    1.0 Piebald 1.0 Pastel
    1.0 Mojave 1.0 Enchi Het Pied
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied 0.1 Ghost Het Pied
    0.1 Poss. Pastel Het Pied 0.3 Wild Type
    0.1 Spider Het Pied 0.1 Gold Blush Mojo
    0.1 Enchi Het Pied 0.1 Bee Het Pied
    0.1 Het Pied. 0.1 Sugar
    0.1 Orange Ghost. 0.1 Woma

Thanks

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...4Y#thank-you=p

Sorry for the caps in advance... ALL OF THE LETTERS IN THE WORLD WONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING IF WE DO NOT GET SOME SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION PEOPLE WE HAVE LESS THAN A MONTH TO GET 23,000 SIGS@!!! COME ON I MAY BE NEW TO THE BREEDING WORLD BUT IMA FIGHT THIS WITH ALL I GOT WITH YOU GUYS!

Thanks

Just got my pre-made response from the man himself, Mr Nelsen (thought some might like to see it and use it as they see fit).....sorry if this has been posted already.

RE: Your response from Senator Bill Nelson
    Show Details
    Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm#email

Dear Mr. Madsen:

Thank you for writing me about the ban of nonnative constrictor snakes under the Lacey Act.

On January 17, the Department of the Interior (DOI) finalized a rule to list four non-native constrictor snakes--Burmese pythons, yellow anaconda, and northern and southern African rock pythons--as injurious wildlife under the Lacey Act. This rule prohibits the importation and interstate commerce of these snakes and will go into effect 60 days from the day the rule is published in the Federal Register.

The DOI worked extensively with the Florida State government and incorporated public comments into the final rule. For information on this rule, please visit http://www.fws.gov/invasives/news.html .

Burmese pythons often are released into the wild when their owners can no longer care for them. Though not native to south Florida, Burmese pythons are thriving in the Everglades National Park, threatening natural species, many of which are endangered, and posing the risk of upsetting the delicate ecosystem of the region. We have invested many years and billions of dollars in an effort to restore the Everglades to its natural balance, and non-native species like Burmese pythons threaten to undo that work.

I understand your concern that the DOI rule punishes responsible python owners and breeders. The State of Florida has made progress in balancing the needs of pet owners and the concerns for the environment by requiring micro-chipping and permits for reptiles of concern, including the Burmese python. The DOI rule will not affect current python owners, unless regulated otherwise by the State.

I appreciate your taking the time to write me with your views on this important matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/ebriefs.cfm
    Reply to: Reply to Bill@billnelson.senate.gov
    Send
    1.0 Lesser (Lemmy)
    0.1 Enchi (Baby)
    0.1 Firefly
    0.1 Fire

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Winged Angel View Post
    https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...4Y#thank-you=p

Sorry for the caps in advance... ALL OF THE LETTERS IN THE WORLD WONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING IF WE DO NOT GET SOME SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION PEOPLE WE HAVE LESS THAN A MONTH TO GET 23,000 SIGS@!!! COME ON I MAY BE NEW TO THE BREEDING WORLD BUT IMA FIGHT THIS WITH ALL I GOT WITH YOU GUYS!
    The petition won't amount to anything either.

The amendment to the Lacey Act must be challenged in Federal Court. By lawyers who will need to discredit the evidence that led to the amendments.

Your petition means squat. Not only will they do nothing to affect an amendment to a Federal Law but about a dozen of you have petitions scattered all over the place. Educate yourselves on what an amendment to the Lacey Act means and then choose a wise course of action. Educate, think and focus before you act.

Your letter writing and petition efforts would be best invested in a situation in which they will actually do some good - like Virginia:

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...121+ful+HB1242

Thanks
    The petition address above seems to be dead. Try..

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...n-ban/4wGFbc4Y
    1.0 Lesser (Lemmy)
    0.1 Enchi (Baby)
    0.1 Firefly
    0.1 Fire

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast