Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,666

2 members and 2,664 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,034
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jeremymichels
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

From USARK facebook page: "We need 25,000 by Tommorrow!!!" (sorry don't know how to do a screen shot). We need to get another 950 sent in by tomorrow! If you have anyone you can ask to send one in, or if for some reason you haven't sent one in your self, now is the time to do it!

Here is the even scary part. http://www.interior.gov/news/mediaad...yH0oA.facebook Though they don't disclose what they're going to announce, if this bill passed then this would be how they announced it.

Thanks
    I am bumping this back up because we need to work together in getting these letters out. 25,000 letters is NOT 25,000 signatures. There are not even 9,000 people who have participated in this.

Star

Thanks
    Done! even though this will NEVER be passed.. if it does im keeping my animals, i'll take whatever i get..

Thanks

Angry Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Omg That is so not cool!!!!!! I have always wanted a red tail. That sucks!! People can't do that!!!

Thanks

Just sent it. I hope you get enough letters!!!!
    Last edited by marleycakes; 01-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts
    ^ Unless I'm mistaken, I think there's some confusion...

...the ban isn't saying you can't OWN the animals listed on it (besides Flordia and the burms you know...) just that you can't buy between states - you need to buy within your state. I didn't see anything that said you can't OWN (or breed) x, y, or z.
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    ^ Unless I'm mistaken, I think there's some confusion...

...the ban isn't saying you can't OWN the animals listed on it (besides Flordia and the burms you know...) just that you can't buy between states - you need to buy within your state. I didn't see anything that said you can't OWN (or breed) x, y, or z.
    You got it...BUT, doesn't it seem odd? Banning them all together is next. at least that's my opinion... We just need to keep up the efforts, work together, and stay professional as a community.
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

Thanks
    I sent mine in! Although I was unable to send out hard copies!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python_addict View Post
    January 13, 2012

Dear Ms. Wolford,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns with the Lacey Act. I understand this issue is important to you and appreciate the time you have taken to contact me.

Last August, the Department of Justice raided Gibson Guitars on alleged Lacey Act violations. The Lacey Act is intended to prohibit trade in wildlife, fish and plants that have been illegally taken, possessed, transported or sold. Justice Department officials claim that wood imported from India by Gibson Guitars was fraudulently labeled to conceal a contravention of Indian export law. Gibson has argued that the government has failed to demonstrate how companies can ensure they are complying with the law. Further, according to Gibson, these raids have resulted in lost productivity and cost the company approximately $1 million. I believe we must carefully examine these allegations and pursue common-sense policies that promote job growth in the United States.

In the 112th Congress, there have been two pieces of legislation introduced to amend the Lacey Act as it is currently being enforced. The first was a Senate amendment proposed to H.R. 2112, the Agriculture appropriations bill on October 17, 2011. This amendment would have prohibited the use of federal funds to prosecute any violation of foreign law with respect to a plant taken, possessed, transported, or sold, unless the applicable foreign government initiated proceedings against the suspected company or individual. This amendment was never voted on and was not included in the language of the passing bill.

The second pending amendment to the Lacey Act is H.R. 3210, the Retailers and Entertainers Lacey Implementation and Enforcement Fairness (RELIEF) Act. This bill was introduced on October 18, 2011, and was referred to the House Natural Resources' Subcommittee on Fisheries, Wildlife, Oceans, and Insular Affairs for consideration. The RELIEF Act would clarify previous amendments made to the Lacey Act by excluding violations that occurred prior to May 22, 2008, and would outline the requirements for wood products that would entering the United States. In addition, the bill would provide certain protections to companies or individuals who may have unknowingly possessed illegal wood and would cap civil penalties for first violations at $250.

Like you, I share in the belief of preserving and creating legislation that protects American jobs and spurs domestic economic growth. Be assured that I will keep your thoughts on amendments to the Lacey Act in mind should H.R. 3210 and other related legislation come to the House Floor for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. To stay informed on what is happening in Washington and around the 17th District, I invite you to visit my website http://schilling.house.gov to sign up to receive my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,

Bobby Schilling
    Member of Congress
    did anyone actually read this letter he sent me? I have read it several times why is he talking about trades in wildlife plants and fish that are illegal but the new proposed bill is about constrictors that arent illegal yet? Im not getting this lol
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python_addict View Post
    did anyone actually read this letter he sent me? I have read it several times why is he talking about trades in wildlife plants and fish that are illegal but the new proposed bill is about constrictors that arent illegal yet? Im not getting this lol
    It's a auto reply... I got the same thing...
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast