Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,919

1 members and 2,918 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Thanks
    So, I sent this, and I actually got a reply from my senator to me a month later via e-mail.

Thank you for contacting me regarding US Fish & Wildlife Service's proposed Constrictor Rule. I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue.
    I appreciate your making me aware of the concerns you have if this specific rule is implemented. Currently, the agency is reviewing comments it received on the proposed rule to determine what changes should be made before issuing a final rule. It is my hope that the final rule will not adversely impact Mississippians. Be assured I will continue to monitor this issue as the rule-making process moves forward, and I will keep your views in mind if Congress considers legislation affecting constrictors after the final regulation is released. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist you.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,
    Roger F. Wicker
    U.S. Senate
    Probably typed by an assistant, but I've sent petitions before and I've never gotten a response. I thought it was cool.
    ​Females
    0.1 wildtypes [Rosca]
    0.1 pastave [Persephone]
    0.1 mutt redtail boa [Serendipity]
    0.1 false water cobra [Artemis]
    0.1 white lipped python [Pandora]
    0.1 super tiger retic [Callie]
    0.1 leopard gecko [Adelita]
    0.1 diamond dove [Pidgey]
    0.1 hairless dumbo rat [Scarlett No Haira]
    0.2 dumbo rex rat, fancy rat [Fern, Harley Quinn]
    0.1 gerbil [Katrina]
    0.1 mouse [Snow White]
    0.1 cat + kittens [Mama Cat]
    0.1 African Dwarf Frog [Zelda]

?? molly fish
    Males
    1.0 fiancee [Patrick]
    1.0 Argentine b&w tegu [Emrys]
    1.0 hypo red bearded dragon [Zammy]
    1.0 bumblebee [Zerok]
    1.0 albino king snake [Dumbledore]
    1.0 diamond dove [Julius]
    1.0 dumbo rat [Ratrick Stewart]
    1.0 gerbil [Sven]
    1.0 betta fish [Casanova]

Thanks

RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazi View Post
    +1 That always gets my blood boiling. I know of a lady who actively chops their heads off with a shovel (nevermind that PA only has two common venomous species and the only one around here are very easily spotted copperheads) and when asked why she says it's because God said to crush the enemy's head with our heel and since Satan was a serpent it means snakes are evil and should be killed on sight. And others who say "but wasn't Satan a snake...?" when they find out that I'm Christian and still adore snakes of all sorts.

Anyways >.> I'm writing a persuasive essay on this topic. Even though the species have been officially added, at least it'll get the word out to some non-snake owners that the government is getting away with this nonsense and hopefully we'll have some backup for when they try to add in the rest of the "dangerous" species. I've been asked by a couple friends to share it with them so they can forward it to their own local herp societies as well, so major crossing my fingers there.
    She can put herself on my list of enemies and I will Happily act accordingly. anyone have a pair of the antique metal scuba diving boots?!?

Thanks

Re: RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

I don't think that you should be able to own any of the big constrictors unless you go thru a government back ground check kind of like buying a gun. Do I agree with the government just banning them and doing what ever they want? No....

Do I agree with them that Giant 20 foot Burms, anacondas, mambas ect breeding in Florida isn't cool? Cause some idiot didn't want to care for them and let them go? I sure do, something has to be done with it but the way the government tries to handle things like this is why I'm thankful for USARK.

Anyways heres a video showing how Burms are are adapting and will be able to push up into NY and be able to survive. I know when I let my kids go out side I don't wanna have to worry about a giant burm when they go into the woods to play. ( Yeah I'm country)

Ignore the hybrid BS parts in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVbgA3DN0A
    Last edited by Diamond Serpents; 07-10-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    -Brian-

Thanks

RED ALERT: Stop Federal Python BAN!

Hahahha... yeah okay. Ill believe that the Burms can make it up to NY when they openly state with proof that they have established a breeding population in NY. They keep putting these half a&@ televisions shows on,
    Depicting snakes as vindictive evil monsters that are going to quickly adapt and take over the US. Seems to be just another way for our government to push there anti reptile/ exotic propaganda on people with miseducation pertaining to the animals in question... . Sad.

http://conservationmaven.com/frontpa...on-invasi.html

<--- they can't seem to make up their mind. :p
    Last edited by Herpenthusiast3; 07-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

BPnet Veteran Coopers Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herpenthusiast3 View Post
    Hahahha... yeah okay. Ill believe that the Burms can make it up to NY when they openly state with proof that they have established a breeding population in NY. They keep putting these half a&@ televisions shows on,
    Depicting snakes as vindictive evil monsters that are going to quickly adapt and take over the US. Seems to be just another way for our government to push there anti reptile/ exotic propaganda on people with miseducation pertaining to the animals in question... . Sad.

http://conservationmaven.com/frontpa...on-invasi.html
    Amen.

We ALL need to stay informed and be proactive in situations like this.
    Last edited by Coopers Constrictors; 07-14-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Best Regards,

Jeremy Cooper
    Cooper's Constrictors

Website / Facebook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopers Constrictors For This Useful Post:

Herpenthusiast3 (07-14-2013)

Thanks

Four printed letters sent, four emails sent. I gave them a fake address since I'm leaving in a month and don't know where I'll end up, but it should help the cause all the same. The address was verified by the website, so it shouldn't be an issue. Hope it helps!
    I honestly don't care about what they think they're trying to regulate. It's the fact that they have been and continuously step over whatever rights they think are "inconvenient" to further their own political agendas. Apparently, the right of Freedom of Expression is a shadow of what it used to be. Not to mention big business seems to think it's okay to try and snub out every small business that emerges, even if it isn't in the same category or class of competition. But, that's more political than I feel like being. I'm here to learn about the snakes that I've always wanted to own and care for, and help others to do the same. If that makes me a felon, then I think we ought to put people in charge who think like we do and support what we believe in.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617