Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

2 members and 3,229 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Pamona, CA show, Jan 7th & 8th

Who's going??? I've been looking forward to it forEVER! I can't wait! I finally convinced the hubby to bring all the credit cards *lmao* One last big spend, before we tighten the belt for the new year, right? Buwahaha! I SO don't need anymore snakes, though I am hoping to get a good deal on lots of supplies. But...but...they are so CUTE and i LOVE them all!

Okay...so who's gonna go and what are you looking for? I've heard to look for Teacher's Creatures, for sand boas...and I have bought two snakes (from two different shows) from Ron's Reptiles and I can't compliment their stock enough. They are both amazing and well taken care of friendly snakes (a normal BP and an eastern hognose).

I'm on the lookout for a good looking hognose female (i wish i could afford axanthic!), a good looking sand boa female, a male yellow belly bp, and maybe a couple garters!!!
    I'm proooobably not going to get all that...but one can HOPE!

I would also LOVE to get an armadillo lizard!!! Google those if you haven't seen how totally adorable they are!

I have gotten a tanzanian whip scorpion baby (died...but i think it was my husbandry ) ...and then an adult female whipscorpion (doing great!), from GBU Enterprises. I also have a baby jungle/coastal carpet python, from them. I don't think i'll be going back to them though, as the python was sold to me as male...and is female...and not only had a prolapsed cloaca when i got her, but has since had a RI. (Even my rescued snakes didn't contract anything like that...and I think she came with it.)

I will have to find out the name of the place where I purchased my male dumeril's boa, also...they claimed he was a "great eater" and he hasn't eaten Since August...or at least that's when I got him anyway. Who knows!
    All of my other critters are doing great.

Anyone else know anything about some of the places that will be represented there? I'm going to be looking for some probes, tanks, and substrate. I've found that LLL Reptile is pretty good for that kind of stuff, actually.

Anyone else??
    Last edited by Missy King; 01-03-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    14 snakes, 12 bugs, 1 skink, 1 frog, 2 dogs, and tons of fresh and saltwater fish. I've also begun snake rescue. What a ride!

Thanks
    I'll be looking for a mystic ball python or possibly a clown. We'll see!

Thanks

Re: Pamona, CA show, Jan 7th & 8th

I'll be going on Sunday. I went to their last show in Aug 11 and it got me back into the bp hobby all over again. Looking for a couple of bps to add (mojo, spider, bumblebee, fire) just to name a few. If i can get a killer deal on all, that would be awesome to pick all of them up. I also plan on stocking up on frozen feeders to fill up my chest freezer that i picked up on cl for $40.00. My better half is happy that there is a dedicated freezer for my ballz. Btw, if you go to lll reptiles webpage you can printout a 10% coupon off purchases at the show.Just an fyi and see you guys there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mandalorian For This Useful Post:

francisco_24 (01-04-2012)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I will be there Saturday.

My short list is a female one of the following to eventually pair with my lesser/mojave BEL:

Super Pastel
    Pastave
    Black Pewter
    Savannah
    Lemon Blast

I am looking to spend $700 or less

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Missy King (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    awesome mandalorian! I'm totally going to print that! They usually have good deals on aspen. I remember now on one of our trips down south we stopped at an LLL reptile and i purchased a red eyed croc skink (who's been doing great!) and a subgle green phase eastern hognose (who is a little brat, but finally ate once last week!) I got those at an actual store, though...two different ones (We were on a reptile trek after our diving class lol...why not? we were there! lol)
    Last year this time i got an ornamental tarantula, who is still doing great.
    14 snakes, 12 bugs, 1 skink, 1 frog, 2 dogs, and tons of fresh and saltwater fish. I've also begun snake rescue. What a ride!

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Oh and I forgot to add JIGSAW to my list as well.

Too... Many... Choices.......

Thanks
    ..going on Saturday, hoping to get there somewhat early.

I wish I could get a pastel, a yellow belly, a butter, and a mojave but more than likely Im only going to be picking one up.

I'm also picking up some heat tape and some hides for my new rack. .

My first show, cant wait!!