Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,083

4 members and 3,079 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Good bye Apollo...

It has been over a year since I have been on this forum. But things have happened since last year. My latest bit of news was horrible news... My spider ball Apollo a few months ago had a spot on his underside that appeared to be a burn. I treated it with a little triple antibiotic ointment (make sure no infection would occur.) A month later all seemed fine, the "burn" had shrunk. I went off on a trip about 3 weeks ago, and got a care taker for my snakes. I got back 2 days ago, and checked back on my snakes, and I was totally stunned what I found on my spider. On his stomach I saw giant slightly blackish red spots, and they covered 1/3rd of his underside. I suspected scale rot, so I put some betadyne on his stomach, and again applied my antibiotic ointment, and left him in his cage for the night. The next morning I checked up on him, I knew something wasn't right when I saw him laying belly up. I opened the cage and picked him up, and he was limp... Apollo died in the night, I never said good bye.... But something obviously is going to hell. Why? Because on one of my normals, Artemis, has a few of the weird "burn" spots. But they are still small. Also, this is my first time dealing with a snakes death. Honestly, this death is a hard thing to deal with...
    "A Dumb One I May Be, But A Smart One I Must." ~~Josh Emmons.

Thanks

Re: Good bye Apollo...

Im so sorry about your spider... death is never easy. When one of my beloved pets dies, i always feel like a part of me dies with them. Its sounds dramatic but thats how it feels. My animals are everything to me and they mean more than most of the people in my life.
    I do very much think you should send Apollo in to figure out the cause of death, then maybe you can save the other befores its too late...
    Again im sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you
    -Melody