Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,188

0 members and 3,188 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

2 Questions about SPECTERS

Hi Folks,

What differentiates a specter from a yellowbelly? They both seem to look similar and have granite speckling on the belly.

Next question: I'm looking at purchasing a specter that is from a Superstripe X pastel yellowbelly pairing. How do I know I'm getting a specter from this and not a yellowbelly?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Thanks

Re: 2 Questions about SPECTERS

Quote Originally Posted by mapleman View Post
    Hi Folks,

What differentiates a specter from a yellowbelly? They both seem to look similar and have granite speckling on the belly.

Next question: I'm looking at purchasing a specter that is from a Superstripe X pastel yellowbelly pairing. How do I know I'm getting a specter from this and not a yellowbelly?

Thanks in advance,

Lee
    Hi Lee,
    It is funny, I had a new customer buy a Specter from me today and he had a similar question about what to look for. I will post most of the answer I sent to him here.
    The main things that all Specters have are striped tails, a stripe coming out of the head, and speckling on the sides. The belly is not one of the main things that determine them. That said most of them do sort of look like Yellow Belly's. Here are some pictures of a Yellow Belly and a Specter belly shot. The first shot is of a Specter. Note the belly has speckling even in the center of the belly (Yellow Belly’s do not) and that it is kind of random. The next picture is of a Yellow Belly. The speckling is much more intense and also note the amount of flames coming up from the belly. Specters do not have flames like that.

As far as your question about figuring out if it was produced from a Pastel Yellow Belly or a Yellow Belly, why would it matter? As long as one of the parents was a Superstripe you can only have Specters and Yellow Belly offspring. Now on the other hand if one of the parents was just a plain Specter than there is a possibility that a mistake could be made. I do not have that problem since I only have Superstripe Males to breed to my females. LOL

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Albey Scholl
    Albey's Too Cool Reptiles
    Like us on Facebook

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Albey For This Useful Post:

MajesticBalls (07-30-2012),MakiMaki (12-24-2011),Royal Hijinx (03-03-2012),Serpent_Nirvana (12-22-2011)