Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,029

2 members and 3,027 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid project

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Great project spooky! I actually thought this was the road you were going when you said its a recessive gene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks

Re: Hybrid project

Looks like a sweet project bud, good luck to many healthy baby superballs!

Thanks

I will definitely be watching this. Keep us updated for sure. Blood balls have been made before but not too many people have added in the ball morphs so this will be an interesting project.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    Im starting a hybrid project this year, and if sucessful, it will keep me busy for the next few years trying to acomplish my goal. im not going to try to keep this a secret, because im sure that anyone that is working with blood/ball hybrids is way ahead of me.
    so here is my plan.. im wanting to introduce a recessive gene into the hybrid. if sucessful this first breeding atempt, i will hold back everything. once the hatchlings (F1) reach adulthood, i will breed them to each other hopefuly producing a visual F2.
    the first pairing i did, the female blood showed no intrest, sence then, i have talked to a blood python breeder and they gave me some tips on blood breeding, so hopefuly this time ill be more sucessful.
    i started this thread for those of us that are interseted in "superball" hybrids, or just hybrids in general.
    after seeing past hybrid threads, i can truly say that i (persionaly) will not comment on any negative, or off topic feedback because i dont want it turning into that kind of thread. if you want to participate in that kind of thread, im sure there are some to be found.
    sooooooooo,,, heres what im doing!

spooky
    Honestly, if you do not want a hybrid thread turning into a negative thread, you should not post a thread about hybrids. Every hybrid thread I have ever read has turned into a negative thread, and for good reason.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wh00h0069 For This Useful Post:

YOSEF (12-19-2011)

Thanks

its been about 4 days sence i paired these guys up, and as far as i can tell, there has been no action.
    i have read, and talked to people about temps and light cycles for blood pythons, and have got diferent opinions on both, so i decided to start with the light cycles. about 2 weeks ago i started cycling my lighting to 6 hours of light. in a few days, ill be taking this guy (BP) out and puting in another male pied for about a week,, then, if i see no action, ill lower the temps as well as runing the 6 hour light cycle and start the pairing sequence over again. both of my male pieds have locked with other females this season, so i know that there more than willing to participate,, but now, its just trying to convience the gal.
    ill keep ya posted!
    spooky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Honestly, if you do not want a hybrid thread turning into a negative thread, you should not post a thread about hybrids. Every hybrid thread I have ever read has turned into a negative thread, and for good reason.
    100% Correct. I truly agree.
    BORNEOS BABY, JUST BORNEOS.

Thanks
    Conditioning a female blood for breeding is a year long process. It really never ends. Throwing new stimuli at her now after her not being conditioned will probably not do it for her. I'm not lookin to stir the pot but an all of a sudden photoperiod change and a temp drop just won't do it. Especially if you want this girl to be receptive to something that is not a blood python, she's gotta be REALLY in the mood. You know I'm not a fan of the project but I still would never hand out bad husbandry tips.
    Last edited by bwt501; 12-19-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    - Lon D.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
    Conditioning a female blood for breeding is a year long process. It really never ends. Throwing new stimuli at her now after her not being conditioned will probably not do it for her. I'm not lookin to stir the pot but an all of a sudden photoperiod change and a temp drop just won't do it. Especially if you want this girl to be receptive to something that is not a blood python, she's gotta be REALLY in the mood. You know I'm not a fan of the project but I still would never hand out bad husbandry tips.
    thanks for the reply. and your not stirring the pot. iv never bred bloods, but iv had one for a little more than 5 years, and the other for maby 3. im completly open to learning anything that i can about breeding them. if it doesent work out for me this year, ill take your advice and start conditioning as of now for next year. iv bread BP's, and as you probabaly know,, theres not a whole lot to it, so this is all new to me. we all gotta start somewhere.
    i apriciate your post. even though your not a fan of the idea, your still humble enough to share your advice.
    thanks again
    spooky

Thanks
    If you don't like hybrids, don't enter the thread. Simple as that.

Maybe she needs some candlelight and some nice music to get her in the mood. Actually I know nothing about breeding bloods, but I really hope she becomes receptive. Can you imagine what the pied gene will look like in a hybrid like that?
    Last edited by Jay_Bunny; 12-20-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    Under Construction.....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay_Bunny For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (01-06-2012),PsychD_Student (07-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Why would someone not like hybrids? Personally i think it would be really cool, not even just in snakes but in any species. As long as the person doing it was responsible and kept records of all of the breedings to actually make it legitimate then i dont see why someone would have a problem with it? If someone could tell me why, without ripping my head off lol, would appreciate it
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast