Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,571

0 members and 2,571 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

What should I do? (feeding problem)

My albino ball python is about 188 grams and I feed him f/t rat pups. There are days when he does eat the rat pup and than he doesnt. The first 3 weeks I started with rat pups, I got him to eat them and he was in shed. There were times where I left the pup in the tub and it would be gone next day. However, these past 2 feedings, he hasnt eaten the rat pup. This has happened before but it was after one feeding he would not eat than eat the next. I saw brian gundy's video where he put a hide in his tub, but the tub he is in can't fit a hide and I would have to move him to a 28 qt tub because my rack is a 28qt system. But then again I saw a video where he kept his babies in a 32 qt tub because he doesnt want them to go off feed when he changes the tubs as they grow. And they will get used to the tub. SO my question is should I stick with the tub he is in (6qt tub) or move him into a 28 qt tub with a hide in it? He is an on and off feeder for some odd reason. I was sticking to a 5 day feeding system but didn't eat the past 2 feedings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Re: What should I do? (feeding problem)

I would try moving him to a larger tub and offer hides. You can also try a 7 day schedule. Something else you might try, and I don't know why it works, but sometimes using Aspen bedding helps problem feeders.
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i wouldnt say he is a problem feeder just a weird feeder. There are weeks where he eats like crazy, than he goes off feed for a few weeks. THEN goes on feed. I tried aspen and I seen one of my other ball pythons injest some aspen every time he eats.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    anyone?