Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

2 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

just got an email a month ago....

So Ill start at the beginning....when I was 7 years old I was living with my grandparents. My dad was a truck driver and was there only on weekends. I was taken away from my real family at 4 years old and was put into my half brothers dads house but then got stuck with his parents..well the summer when I was 7 years old, my grandparents had their friends bring over the red miniature pincher puppy. My grandparents bred the dogs and wanted a new color for their babies. Im not joking about this and am currently crying while typing this but this little girl was brought to the house and the moment she was let in that door she came bounding up to me when I was sitting on the floor. She had knocked me over and was attacking my face with kisses. Well my grandparents bought her on the spot and I was so happy. After being taken away from your parents so young of course one will get depressed, but this girl didnt judge me she listened to me talk to her every night. She would sleep in my room every night right next to me. She would lay on her back with her legs in the air and her head on my arm. She followed me every where. She would follow me to the gate when I left for school and when I came back she would always be there. When I did leave I would always go to my best friends house across the street and I would always look out and she would be sleeping in the yard or sitting next to the fence watching her house. She would whine everyday if I walked past her and didnt say I love you or hello. She was the greatest dog ever, she wouldnt let other dogs near me if they started growling, she would always push up under my arm when I was sad, she licked the tears away when I cried. After a year or two she got pregnant, when we came home once we couldnt find her at all she wouldnt even come out to my voice well we finally found her in a drawer under the couch haha. When my dad decided to quit the road and work for the railroad we moved with his girlfriend to another town. My grandparents accepted that she was mine and let me bring her with us. I was 10 when we moved and when we got there Ruthie never left my side once. I even took her to my friends houses. This dog was my best friend the only friend I had ever trusted and told my secrets to. Well my dads girlfriend didnt like the fact that she barked at strangers walking by the house, and we lived across from a college so there was always someone walking by. They made me keep Ruthie back at my grandparents house back in my home town. That made it so hard for me to focus on school work and important things. Every chance I got I would go check on her and spend the day with her. Then one day I got a haircut and went to go show Ruthie and see how she was doing, I was 13 at this time. Well my grandparents werent home but I went in after noticing she didnt come out to me when I called her name. I went inside and was frantically calling her name and got no little wet kisses or a whine in return. The only thing I found was a new australian shepard puppy.....my grandparents had sold my dog and got themselves a new one......well I tracked down the new owner and still went and visited her quite a bit. She had a couple more litters of puppies and I always got updates on her through email...About a month ago, I got an email from the guy and the subject read Im so sorry...I read it and my heart sank....Ruthie passed due to old age...she lived 14 years...but right before she passed she ran away to my grandparents house across town....my grandparents were on vacation so they didnt know. I have to keep pausing through this thing....I havent cried this much in a long time. As soon as I move here this month I plan on getting another red min pin in memory of Roo Bear....I still cant believe this happened
    Last edited by python_addict; 12-04-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    I'm sorry for your loss. It's amazing how attached we get to our furry family members.

Thanks
    this really sucks I cant believe I actually got through typing this out since I have yet to tell any family members or friends who do remember her...I dont know when I will be able to speak the words seeing as though my throat and head hurts from crying and I dont know how long it will take to get over this....

I still have this collar ^ with her name on it and our address....sometimes life sucks Ill miss my little red head......
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've very sorry. Working in and animal hospital like I do I see a lot of passings and euthanasias that we do and it never gets easier. I still get upset about it when they aren't even my animals. Losing a pet is never easy, they become family, and any sort of family to pass away is aweful. You just have to find your way with dealing with it, and know that they are in what I would like to believe a better place. Keep strong, it will get better.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    So sorry for your loss. It will get easier with time. It is never easy when we loose a beloved pet.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Re: just got an email a month ago....

So sorry for your loss. It is very difficult to lose a beloved pet.