Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,313

0 members and 1,313 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

2 week long bad shed. helpp

i have a 5yr old bp. i tried to feed her about a month ago and she wouldnt eat. i got her out the next day and it looked like she was about to shed so i left her alone. i looked in there every day and nothing was happening. about two weeks ago it started. now only her belly has shed. her head and her neck is done shedding but about half way up her side and the top of her has not shed yet. you can see where its pealing in places but the top of her feels like her normal skin. i dont know what to do about it. the humidity has been around 50-60% and i have been spraying some zilla humidifying spray in there that has aloe in it. please help!
    High Gold Ball (Bella)

Thanks
    I would let her swim around in your bathtub for a bit, just don't make it too deep, they aren't very good swimmers. I had the same type thing happen and a bath seemed to do the trick.
    Zeke - Facebook

2.2 Ball Pythons
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos

Thanks
    ditch the zilla spray and focus on your husbandry. what enclosure do you have and what are the temperatures-hot side, cold side and ambient?

for the moment, I'd suggest a prolonged soak (about 20-30 minutes) in a small tub with shallow water. also you could put the snake in an inverted pillow case, knotted at the top, with a wet hand towel. check out other threads on here for stuck sheds. there is a plethora of good advice.

best of luck.

Thanks
    i thought about the bath tub but i just wanted to make sure it would be okay. my hot side stays right around 90 on the pad and 80 cold side. ambient stays around 83. she is living in a 30L store bought cage but im looking into building a larger one.
    High Gold Ball (Bella)