Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,293

3 members and 3,290 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Oh wow I just read that article and I think your right. I breed my own rats and I know the article said that the Zuckers get the high fat % when they're older but I think my baby may have gotten too much fat from the baby rats. Most of the ones I was giving her before were just born and had only taken maybe one nursing if anything from mom and only had what little fat they were born with. The feedings before she got fat I had just moved her up to to a two to three day old pink and so those pinks had time to get more fat from mom. Her last pooh was dark and sticky looking as well.

Maybe the Vet can tell me something to give her so I don't loose her like the guy lost his.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    I hope everything works out for you! I would print that article and take it to the vet with you. Not saying that IS what's going on with her, but it might help your vet. And do have her checked for internal parasites too. Keep us posted!
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks
    Sorry I didn't update until now! It's been quite hectic. (If anyone knows anything about blood pythons please message me. I had two adults dropped off at my house in the cold yesterday. They were sitting outside anywhere from noon to 5 pm.)

The doc said that she seemed to be over weight and that the rats just might not sit well with her right now. We've got her on the smallest mouse fuzzies every 14 days.She already looks smaller and has gotten some more color back. I was swimming her twice a week but it's gotten so cold here that I've just been handling her more with no swims. Tonight is feeding night so i'll try to take a picture.

I took the article to the doctor and he said that's probably what was starting to happen to her. Something about boas don't do well with fatty diets and it's was probably just too much too often for her. We have that all fixed now

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Thanks for the update! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she continues to do well.....
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123