Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,631

1 members and 1,630 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts

Garrick DeMeyer's Open House

Today I went to Royal Constrictor Designs open house. I sadly forgot my camera, sorry folks. I arrived around the time that he opened his doors and it was already busy. For those of you who have never been to a professional breeding facility before, if you ever get the chance be prepared to spend time in heat with lots of humidity.

Garrick's facility is amazing. There were racks lining the walls and some in the center. I got to see a lot of his amazing animals, including one of his albino clowns . I also got to see his banana females. One of the most impressive snakes I got to see was his sugar bumble bee. This animal was mostly white with the bumble bee head and spider pattern down the back with specks of yellow where it wasn't white.

I spent a lot of time connecting with people and discussing ball pythons, a topic I'm always happy to talk about. For me that was the best part. It was also cool to learn that there aren't many local people working with spotnoses, I am one of the few which is cool because I hope to do a lot of my selling locally.

Open houses are cool to go to and if you get the chance to go to one take it. It's great to connect with people and see how the big breeders do things. I really wish I had taken some pictures to share. I'm kind of half awake right now so I will probably add to this tomorrow in a reply.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    NO PICTURES! It sounds like a fun experience, I really need to do it someday.
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

Thanks
    Yep. Next year, I'm going.
    1.0 Bumblebee, 1.0 Super Pastel, 1.0 Cinnamon, 1.0 Mojave, 1.0 Yellowbelly, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Pastel 50% het Caramel, 0.1 Spider, 0.1 Normal, 0.2 het albino, 0.1 possible het red dinker, 1.1 CH granite dinkers 1.0 Woma

1.0 Hypo BCI, 0.1 Hypo BCI (25% BCC) 66% het Anery, 0.1 Guyana BCC, 0.1 Cay Caulkers Boa, 0.1 Dumerils Boa 0.1 Anery BCI

0.1 Black Blood Python, 1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python, 0.1 Jaguar Coastal Carpet Python 1.1 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Tiger Coastal Carpet Python 0.1 Coastal Carpet Python

1.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu 0.0.1 Savannah Monitor 1.0 Hypo Citrus Pastel Beardie 0.0.1 Frilled Dragon 0.4 Leopard Geckos 1.0 Albino Black Rat Snake
    0.1 Russian Tortoise 0.0.1 Golden Gecko

Thanks

Re: Garrick DeMeyer's Open House

Awesome! I bought my favorite snake from him. It's good to know she came from such a nice place!
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!